Some maps by... me

By elyeti, in Tannhauser

These are the low-res versions of two maps, I will be uploading more soon:

CEMETERY - (Print size: 84x80 cms)

CEMENTERIO72.jpg

CASTLE - (Print size: 84x80 cms)

CASTILLO72.jpg

We made some special rule for the castle map: the exclamation signs mean that you can be shot from the towers. But you can only access to the towers from the interior of the castle, and, of course, no melee combat is allowed if you are in the ground level. I hope this makes sense cool.gif

elyeti said:

We made some special rule for the castle map: the exclamation signs mean that you can be shot from the towers. But you can only access to the towers from the interior of the castle, and, of course, no melee combat is allowed if you are in the ground level. I hope this makes sense cool.gif

Nice work! Also, interesting idea to incorporate the third dimension into LoS from the towers. If youc an provide links to higher res versions of these maps, I'd be very interested to see them. =)

Steve-O said:

elyeti said:

Nice work! Also, interesting idea to incorporate the third dimension into LoS from the towers. If youc an provide links to higher res versions of these maps, I'd be very interested to see them. =)

Will do!

I need to correct a couple of details first: we have not printed out these two yet.

EGYPTIAN TEMPLE (print size: 84x80 cms)

LUXORTEMPLE72.jpg

These look beautiful! Are you planning to make any others? I'll definately use these maps.

Digerdoden said:

These look beautiful! Are you planning to make any others? I'll definately use these maps.

I will be uploading some more when I have the time :)

Right now I am designing a new map called "Nostromo"... cool.gif

Looking forward! aplauso.gif

F-ing sweet!

Please add these files over at the 'geek. It's so easy to lose threads over here and the file section on boardgamegeek is so nice.

So, guys, here is my new map, I have called it "Nostromo" cool.gif

Nostromoa72.jpg

And here is the download link for the high-res jpg image. (Print size= 80x80 cms / 300 dpi)

www.megaupload.com/

Just in case: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7D9FLNP0

Should fit to be printed in 6 DINA3 sheets (we pay around 8€ for a laser printing of every map)

Some FAQ:

1) Why do you use so many paths?

We are usually three guys playing, and we do long sessions of up to 3 hours (we use our own system of objectives and up to six characters if possible). Once we tried these "overpathed" maps, playing the official ones was actually kind of... different.

2) Why are there so many engineering icons in this map?

Just to locate them quickly. We actually ignore the icon and put some crates or missions (or whatever) there. This way the map is different every time.

Now, Gentlemen, please, excuse my English gui%C3%B1o.gif

sepayne7l said:

F-ing sweet!

Please add these files over at the 'geek. It's so easy to lose threads over here and the file section on boardgamegeek is so nice.

OK, thank you for your advice, I will upload everything there this week.

I did not know the website: Tannhäuser is the first board game I have played after many years dedicated to RPGs.

This is one of the first maps I designed. As you can see, I used several rooms from the Foix Bunker Map, which I found in google. I hope the author does not mind, it saved a lot of time in the design (designing interiors can be tedious).

Nowadays we are not very happy with the paths, but this map has certainly been a lot of fun several times...

(If someone wants to make any corrections before printing, I can send you the PSD files)

DEAD CITY

ciudad72.jpg

Download link: (80x80 cms/ 300 dpi)

www.megaupload.com/

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FCJMESG2

...and this is how the real thing looks like:

s15.photobucket.com/albums/a390/costroso/demo%20nostromo/

We paste the printed sheets onto a quite thick plywood and then we use some transparent covering plastic as a last step.

Have fun!

Great work, Elyeti ... it's going to be a fantastic year with all these toys

Wow! These are quite fantastic. We haven't ever seen this many maps so quickly!

docsavagepu8-2.png

I think the Egyptian temple is just superb. I will try and print this out at work on the Plotter!

FarawayPictures said:

I think the Egyptian temple is just superb. I will try and print this out at work on the Plotter!

Please let know how it goes happy.gif

Yesterday we played the Nostromo map for the first time. Needless to say, my mates kicked my ass badly (that is what I get after 1 week designing the map, oh god!). The whole thing was a massacre with up to 12 killings...

I noticed a small bug that you may want to correct before printing:

Nostromomistake.jpg

That red light should not be there (it is located in the down-left corner).

I am trying to get a map of a forest one of my friends designed, will be uploading it here asap.

I love the grave yard....very well done

BlueEyes said:

I love the grave yard....very well done

We have not printed it yet, but I am quite happy with that design gui%C3%B1o.gif

These are awesome, found them through BGG and will download and print to try them out. Keep them coming and thanks for all the hard work.

trying out the Cemetery map soon for the first time, on Tannhauser Online v. Moebius! coincidental that this post be revived now :P

background:

game 1 - CtF, Tesla Priory (Custom)

Moebius Matriarchy (Zorka: stamina, Gorgei: combat(?), Irina: bonus, Zazigag: commmand(?), Voivode(?)) + some bonus tokens

Me Union (MacNeal: combat, Brown: combat, Aponi: combat, Alpha: combat, Delta: command) + some bonus tokens

I won, possibly partly d/t discrepancy of rules understanding. MacNeal & Brown did take out Zor'ka rather quickly though.

game 2 - objective, Catacombs (custom)

Moebius Reich (Eva: combat, Yula: combat, Hoss: command, Stosstruppen (x2): command), i think. + bonus tokens

Me Matriarchy (Zorka: stamina, Irishka: stamina, Irina: bonus, Voivodes (x2): bomb/move + repair/move) + bonus tokens

Moebius won. We played using my Melee rules which created a couple interesting situations, but I lost the objective race.

game 3 - Objective + CtF Mode (complete an objective, get your flag, bring it home. do this 3 times. you have 4 objectives), Cemetery.

(your objectives are semi-randomly picked & placed - by your opponent - since there are none on map)

This game will determine best 2 out of 3 in a sense! :P

Map looks pretty **** good, elyeti aplauso.gif - a pretty symmetric spiderweb of narrow paths with lots of action/objective spaces including a central one & up to 4 entrance points - versatile ;)

thanks for your contributions!

Thank you mates ;)

I hope you enjoy them. Since megaupload is dead I can make new links if someone is interested.

elyeti said:

Thank you mates ;)

I hope you enjoy them. Since megaupload is dead I can make new links if someone is interested.

Was just going to post that Megaupload came up with federal warning, not good, let us know where you'll put these would like to down load and try them out.

Thanks

elyeti said:

Thank you mates ;)

I have played Castillo, Cementerio and Luxor Temple. I like them a lot, I would have used a bit more of rooms and a it less of corridors.

Luxor is really good, its an assymetric map with a choke point to hold, my printed copy has witnessed several glorious reich last stands in that room :-p

Have you done any new map since Elyeti? Something more like Ksiaz castle map...

:-)

Roberious said:

elyeti said:

Thank you mates ;)

Was just going to post that Megaupload came up with federal warning, not good, let us know where you'll put these would like to down load and try them out.

Thanks

Will do ^^