Opening Salvo

By McCracken2, in Magnifico

So, this looks like Risk with a little bit of added depth, namely with a R&D element. I do like how you start with only one territory and expand rather than dividing the entire map between all the players before the game begins (could lead to some interesting diplomacy elements). I'd like to know more about the economy system; whether there's more to it then Territory Y generates X Florins a turn. Don't get me wrong, it'll turn some territories into battlegrounds early in the game but it would be nice if there was a way to improve one's economy or if engaging in war can actually devalue a territory.

And that's not to mention all of the cool Da Vinci inventions you can invest in (the R&D element). And with there being a one sixth or one third (depending on how many exploding symbols there are on a dice) for the invention to self-destruct, that makes for a costly, high risk/high reward system.

Suffice it to say, it's piqued my curiosity but I'm going to need a lot more details before I commit.