Don't know much about Warhammer

By mi-go hunter, in Chaos in the Old World

I have considered Chaos in the Old World, as it looks totally sweet! gran_risa.gif However, I am not a Warhammer fan. I have already got Death Angel, a Warhammer game, and I enjoy playing with it despite not knowing who Emperor Sanguinus or what the Red Grail is. Is it the same for Chaos? Do you have to know about Warhammer in order to be immersed in this game?

No you really don't need to know anything about Warhammer to play - the Warhammer logo and theme has attracted several players to play it but they seem to get on with the game to the same level those who I have played against who have no knowledge of the Warhammer world.

Clearly people who know the setting do get some fun out of the identity of the game and the pieces but there is nothing a Warhammer novice cannot pick up from the word go.

myrm said:

No you really don't need to know anything about Warhammer to play - the Warhammer logo and theme has attracted several players to play it but they seem to get on with the game to the same level those who I have played against who have no knowledge of the Warhammer world.

Clearly people who know the setting do get some fun out of the identity of the game and the pieces but there is nothing a Warhammer novice cannot pick up from the word go.

Seconded. All you really need to know, theme-wise, is that all the players take on the roles of evil gods trying to conquer a fantasy world. The rest is just fluff and Easter eggs.

Great! Thanks for the replies. I was worried that you have to know the full storyline to enjo9y this game, but I guess not. I'll be getting thsi game in time for Christmas! I can't wait to corrupt the old world... demonio.gif