So, what's next?

By Iorniem, in A Game of Thrones LCG

I'm quite surprised the last Chapter of the current cycle is merely a month away and we have no news about the next series/deluxe expansion/something.

Also, whatever happened to the House Stark resin card? Why is Baratheon coming soon and Stark isn't (not even on the schedule)?

This is such a great game; it certainly is "the only game that matters"!

No one except FFG knows what the next CP expansion will be. I remember a while back voting at a tournament if players wanted more support for Holy, War, Noble, or Learned crest support. Nearly everyone I spoke with that voted, voted for Learned crest. I don't know if Learned got the most votes, but considering Balerion and the Minstrel plot was printed, I'm guessing that FFG will deliver on whatever the community voted for. I don't know if the next expansion will be crest-based, but as some point one probably will be and my guess is that it will be focused on the Learned crest.

Going by Call of Cthulhu they didn't announce the next series of chapter packs for them until about a month before the last chapter pack, so for us I'd imagine we'll be hearing about it soon. I also guess that we'll be getting another expansion box announcement soon too.

FATMOUSE said:

No one except FFG knows what the next CP expansion will be. I remember a while back voting at a tournament if players wanted more support for Holy, War, Noble, or Learned crest support. Nearly everyone I spoke with that voted, voted for Learned crest. I don't know if Learned got the most votes, but considering Balerion and the Minstrel plot was printed, I'm guessing that FFG will deliver on whatever the community voted for. I don't know if the next expansion will be crest-based, but as some point one probably will be and my guess is that it will be focused on the Learned crest.

Just to be sure: this presumably recent vote was cast post-Noble crest vote from 2 years back, right?
Since War, Noble and Holy crests got their time in the limelight, I'd like to see more of Learned...and maybe even some non-neutral Shadow crests for non-Lannies.

With a card like Ill Tidings , we may already be seeing some early signs of Learned crest support .