How do you Shift the Allies

By frozenbunnysteak, in Dust Tactics

I haven't played the game much, and only against myself so far, and everything seems to work really well, but in one game I got really stuck with the axis because I simply couldn't find a way to effectively fight against allies squads in cover.

I wasn't using a scenario, and so I realise that in most of the scenarios it is the allies that need to push forwards, but still it seems like the axis aught to have something they can do against it for other situations, after all, the axis can't always be the defender, we're going to have to change it up eventually.

What happened was I was trying a game with lots of terrain tiles, so the game really did choke up around a point in the middle, where there happened to be a tank trap. A squad of the gunners with bazooka joe attached moved on to the tank trap and waited for the enemy to appear. Sigrid and the laser sqaud stepped out and fired using berserk. The dice rolled up a decent number of hits with all the rerolls (about 6 or 7 hits), but then all of those hits seemed to get swallowed up by the "miss save" leaving only 2 damage points which joe absorbed to leave the squad at full strength and able to double shoot. The next turn sigrid with one wound and a couple of lucky lasers withdrew and ludwig moved up to fire his arsenal at the same squad to do a couple more damage points, hoping the bazooka alone wouldn't worry it too badly, but with the reroll for double shoot, it was 55% likely to put 3 damage on it.

On the other side of the table the recon grenadiers tried to replicate this success for the axis, but a flamer and 2 UGLs really put them in their place.

So, I'm just putting this out there, to ask if anyone has found a good way to shift an allied squad out of heavy cover with the axis troops available, or is this just something they're going to have to deal with until more expansions turn up?

Shoot the Tank trap with the twin 88 walker, melee it with the ludwig, or shoot it with the panzershreks and the panzerfaust. With sustain fire you can take it out in one round, normal fire maybe 2 rounds, 1 if your lucky. remember its a 5 armor vehicle with 4 life. stats were in the rulebook in the cover section. Once the tank trap is gone that squad is out in the open and you can pummel it.

D'oh

It's so simple, and I probably would never have thought of it.

Thanks.