First Impressions of this game?

By Alexca1, in Isla Dorada

Can anyone tell me the selling points of this game and why it belong on anyone's wish list? I saw a video on Youtube explaining the gameplay and wanted what reasons anyone has on buying this game? Please help.

You can read a short and nice review there :

I just bought this game and my family is having a blast with it. They love the bidding interaction and the fun chaos that comes from having to deal with conflicting agendas, especially when you're playing with 6 people. As you've probably seen this is not an "epic" game like Descent or Askham horror, but neither is it a kid game. Playing with a group of adults gets even more interesting as everybody is trying to bluff and double bluff their way to victory.

I would reccomend this game for a group of adults who play boardgames but are not hardcore gamers, families with kids, or boardgamers wanting a little down time from an epic game.

How quick did the non-gamers pick up this game? I'm guessing it's a relatively small learning curve?

Grayle said:

How quick did the non-gamers pick up this game? I'm guessing it's a relatively small learning curve?

Yes it is quite easy to understand what is important to do and when. Avoid the others doing their agenda means they will fulfill yours! gui%C3%B1o.gif

The rules are coming from Ulysses . Revised, the result is a more fluid gameplay.

I already got it and I will get it on Friday. I've heard good reviews about it and I love the art and feel of the game. I shall keep you posted, Forum followers!

My game group tried it for the first time last night. Isla Dorada is from the same designer (Bruno Faidutti) as Citadels and Mystery of the Abbey , and we love those two. So I grabbed Isla Dorada (after some mis-communication with the local game store - they were moving across town, so I forgive them).

We'll for sure be playing more Isla Dorada , and I'm going to get the game for a friend of mine who also plays games - his kids will love it.

I can't say how quickly inexperienced gamers will pick up the game, though - we've all played lots of games for a long time. it's definitely one of the simpler games in my collection, though, and the rules didn't cause any troubles.

We played 2 games last weekend. Everyone loved it. It's got the same amount of luck as something like Ticket to Ride, but is a lot more fun to play.

My only request is that if they ever do an expansion, I want a big plastic sculpted leader token...that rattles when you shake it.

sounds like a great game , i'm tempted .

Tbh, this is a great game for most ages (though if you are older, a few drinks definitely helps ;) . Fun for a group of 4, it is exciting and just enough competition that you don't hate each other, but you still can have an exciting time, and nice replayability too.

Tbh, this is a great game for most ages (though if you are older, a few drinks definitely helps ;) . Fun for a group of 4, it is exciting and just enough competition that you don't hate each other, but you still can have an exciting time, and nice replayability too.