Chairman Hiro favours

By kesterer, in Android

I'm curious as to why these favours were included in the game, seeing as there's no way to acquire them! Were some of the cards which made them available changed just before the printing?

You sure it is not on any of the other players' dark cards - or something that allows a player to choose any favor token?

I ran through all of the event cards and Caprice's decks and don't see it. So maybe it was cut ... or setting us up for an expansion!

Wow... good catch. No events, no plots, no twilight cards mention them at all. Hiro marker gets to go to a few places based on events, but never 'dies', never dispenses favours...

--JP

<Data> Intriguing. Captain, we might have stumbled upon something here. </Data>

Doesn't one of the characters start with 1 or 2 of them (Louis, maybe)?...

The only one who would start with them would be Caprice. I don't remember whether she does or not

Though I seem to remember her having one to spend in the last game...

As she won that game, I'm going to have to investigate this. Uncover the conspiracy!

No, you're thinking Mr. Li, different person.

Referee said:

No, you're thinking Mr. Li, different person.

D'oh! That's what I get for not even having played yet!...

Hehe, it's OK... Chairman Hiro is the director of Jinteki.

Yep, this is a big mistake.

We noticed it the first night and thought we must have missed something. Now it's clear that the counters have been included by mistake - or more likely, the original cards which used them were deleted by mistake!

A real shame, because Caprice could do with some Hiro favours. She performs very well in all of our games, but only when played by an exoerienced gamer. Hiro favours could bring her up on par with Louis/Flint.

CONSPIRACY!!!111!!!!!!!

Omnisiah said:

Yep, this is a big mistake.

We noticed it the first night and thought we must have missed something. Now it's clear that the counters have been included by mistake - or more likely, the original cards which used them were deleted by mistake!

A real shame, because Caprice could do with some Hiro favours. She performs very well in all of our games, but only when played by an exoerienced gamer. Hiro favours could bring her up on par with Louis/Flint.

CONSPIRACY!!!111!!!!!!!

It's been nearly a year and there's nothing from FF to address this. This is a major oversight.

I think it is said in the FAQ, a bit like the "aim" prints on Cosmic Encounter cards : that is for later, ie an expansion.

(although in the case of Android, it looks more like a tiny mistake that they let sleep through the printing, could not have it back in time, so said it would be for an expansion... we call that "save the face" in french :D )

In swedish we say "It's not a flaw, it's an unused feature"

I like the pragmatism of Sweden :) me agrees, me ! (hand up)

Archmage Nemmerle said:

It's been nearly a year and there's nothing from FF to address this. This is a major oversight.

It's not an oversight at all. The mentioned it in the FAQ a long long time ago. There's no use for them yet.

Here's the quote from the FAQ:

"Q: What are the Chairman Hiro tokens used for?
A: For now, nothing."

Room for an expansion. Maybe for those of us that want to design our own special murder scenarios. Hiro is the chairman of Jinteki. He plays a significant role in the future. In the game, well, that remains to be seen.