Colchester January Tournaments

By Viewtiful_Joe, in UFS Uk Forum

Path Of The Master: Air Patch Tournament - Friday 23rd January

This month, we've got Air, and it's the same as every month before it. Standard Block 3 Format, Current Banned List, 3 Rounds Of Swiss, No Top Cut (Lack of time). I know a lot of people are calling for certain cards to be banned in the format, but it occured to me that people can hardly be expected to collect cards like Feline Spike, Lord Of The Makai and Chesters Backing if they are unable to use them. So you'll have to find a way around such culprits for discussion. Load more High Blocks for a start :P

Place and Time: Colchester Games Hall (see previous tournaments for details) at 7PM.

Ladder Event No. 3: Here Comes A Bunch Of New Challengers! - Friday 30th January

After the last event, characters were handed out to the participants in order to diversify the meta and it all comes clashing together in this tournament! The rules have been previously stated in another thread. Standard Block 3, Current Banned List, Infinity Cards ARE Allowed, NO STACKING CHARACTERS! 3 Rounds of Swiss, possibility of top 4 cut depending on time.

Place and Time: Colchester Games Hall at 7PM

See you all there ;)

Lord of Makai getting a possible ban, eh? That kinda changes my deck strategy... maybe. I can find some other 6 check to use for now.

I said I wasn't banning anything off my own back and that you'll have to find ways around the cards that people do want banned. Like I said before, why collect cards like LotM if you're not allowed to use them?

Whoops, my bad, misread the post. Teaches me to go foruming at 2am.

Ok, no changes to the deck then. I'm looking forward to the "New Challengers" tournament, my first draft of my deck has been interesting...

o man i have so much to do now make remy do a air deck and the new challenge and i need to get new stuff

argh

Not going to make the air patch Joe, got a surprise wedding to attend.

Not sure about the ladder event, I haven't come up with a single workable idea for block 3 yet.

If you're having major trouble, Rob, I can always change your character for you if it's that bad. The idea of the tournament is to enjoy new characters, not to feel as if you're forced into playing something you don't want to :) . I know you picked the character you picked thinking you could play it in Block 2, so I do sympathise. Let me know if you do fancy a changeover ;)

It's not the character, it's block 3 in general. I guess I've got a mental block around the whole "voluntarily ignore 50% of the playable card pool" concept. Every time I come up with any kind of idea I realise that the key card(s) are block 2.

I still need to be issued with a character for the new challenger tournamnet Joe! So if you have time at any point...issue me.

REMINDER!

Air Patch THIS Friday!

There are still characters to be played for the New Challengers tournament if anyone is still interested. Post here if you want one ;)

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Ladder Event No. 3: Here Comes A Bunch Of New Challengers! - Friday 30th January

After the last event, characters were handed out to the participants in order to diversify the meta and it all comes clashing together in this tournament! The rules have been previously stated in another thread. Standard Block 3, Current Banned List, Infinity Cards ARE Allowed, NO STACKING CHARACTERS! 3 Rounds of Swiss, possibility of top 4 cut depending on time.

Place and Time: Colchester Games Hall at 7PM

See you all there ;)

Just a reminder people, this event is happening TONIGHT.

Come on, get your skates on! (ok, I couldn't think of anything better to say.)

Viewtiful_Joe said:

Path Of The Master: Air Patch Tournament - Friday 23rd January

This month, we've got Air, and it's the same as every month before it.

That doesn't sound good. Have you spoken to a doctor about this?

lengua.gif