Battle fronts

By Dagoma, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

How many battle front can there be?

ad infinitum? The number six comes to mind, but I can't spot anything in the rules.

There is no limit.

Thanks, that's what I thought but I like to be sure.

here is another related question: How many units can occupy a single front ?
just one unit per front, or can there be multiple units per front ?

Xamax

xamax said:

here is another related question: How many units can occupy a single front ?
just one unit per front, or can there be multiple units per front ?

Xamax

Just the one (unless you count an opposing unit placed against it as a second unit, but since one of them will always die why count it).

one more clarification..

how many tmies will a unit "fire" .. does it deal damage only once (when it is played),
or will it return fire everytime it is attacked ?

wouldn't the iron in metal working apply to the counterfire ?

Xamax

xamax said:

one more clarification..

how many tmies will a unit "fire" .. does it deal damage only once (when it is played),

Xamax

A unit does damage every time it faces another opponent. The only time it wouldn't is if it's facing a unit that trumps it AND that unit kills it.

Metal Working only applies when the card is initially being played (as per FAQ).

After reading the rules, am I correct in that if two players battle with the 3 default unit cards that they start with, then the defender is most likely screwed because the attacker will always have something that trumps each of the defenders units?

I understand that the units may have more/less strength, but generally, that's the way it will go?

Just want to be sure I am reading right and seeing it is beneficial to get a few units early on in order to have a more diverse mix in your standing army in case you do get attacked.

DoomTurtle said:

After reading the rules, am I correct in that if two players battle with the 3 default unit cards that they start with, then the defender is most likely screwed because the attacker will always have something that trumps each of the defenders units?

I understand that the units may have more/less strength, but generally, that's the way it will go?

That difference in strength is really more important. Trump only matters if you can kill the unit.

xamax said:

one more clarification..

Xamax

This has been thought through, you normally only fire once, because during that firing, someone's unit will be killed.

The only time when the defender is killed is when the opponent is playing as a village using 1,1,1 units vs your starting units which could be all 2s.