Strength of Magnets

By willco, in Rattlesnake

I have a 21 month old little girl, and I am worried that the magnets might be strong enough to hurt her little hands. What do you think?

Isn't there a warning for childs from 0-3 on the box.

But I dont think the magnets will break bones.

The strong magnest have one advantage. If your girl swallows one, you can use another magnet to bring the first one back up :)

zwobot said:

The strong magnest have one advantage. If your girl swallows one, you can use another magnet to bring the first one back up :)

Lol, that made my day.

But I don't think it'll be hurting anyone.

The only real thing that a magnet could affect would be iron in the blood stream, however i dont think there is a magnet that powerful yet. Your daughter should be just fine.

the real question is....can the magnets move other magnets with a table top between them?

The magnets aren't that strong. And they aren't strong enough to hurt anyone's hands, but to to the shape and size they most definitely could be considered a choking hazard.

JymxRo said:

The magnets aren't that strong. And they aren't strong enough to hurt anyone's hands, but to to the shape and size they most definitely could be considered a choking hazard.

And really at that point, Parents should be keeping the game away from those who may choose to eat various parts.

Antigoth said:

And really at that point, Parents should be keeping the game away from those who may choose to eat various parts.

Yes. It's so bad when you lose your pieces and you don't know where to find them. gui%C3%B1o.gif

the parts will come back, trust me :) but it's a really "****" work to find them

Hawknight said:

the real question is....can the magnets move other magnets with a table top between them?

Maybe not on some people's tables, but my mischevious daughter made the game a little more interesting by holding one of the eggs under the table. The magnet was strong enough to spin the eggs and move them enough to mess me up. It would have taken me longer to figure it out if she had not been giggling so much.

magnets are always dangerous if eaten. keep em away from the rugrats.

The magnets are strong enough to make the game interesting, but not so strong that they would hurt if they closed in on your hands.

Of the FFG family games, this is my favorite.