Creating Orks (Boys Nobz and Warbosses Gretchin horde.)?

By Guerillaboy, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

I am setting up a small adventure to test the waters for my creative capability in Deathwatch (drained most of it in my lonnng DH campaign.). The idea I have is based around Orks, The problem I have is stats for said Orks. Does anyone have any good Builds or reference material? I plan on running it in about 4 weeks depending how quickly they get through Oblivions Edge. Thanks for help in advance!

I used the Creatures Anathema for Dark Heresy for Orks. It has individual stats for each you have listed and then I just applied the Horde rules to get the info I needed. Hope this helps.

There are also rules for making Ork PCs in Rogue Trader: Into the Storm iirc. That should also help you with making special orks if you want one to really stand out.

If nothing else, the Creatures Anathema versions should do fine. If you need to, just pump some of them up a bit to make up for the difference in power levels. For an example of how that could work, just look at the Genestealers in Creatures vs. the Genestealers in the mission on the Deathwatch website.

there are also stats for some orks and lore in the rt book edge of the abyss

Terminus_Est said:

there are also stats for some orks and lore in the rt book edge of the abyss

Are any of those stats appropriate for a master-level Ork ?

Troop level Orks are simple enough. Just take an existing weaker Ork profile and make it a horde, the only issue is deciding how to apply Mob Rule to a horde.

The stronger Orks already published seem appropriate for Elite level Orks, and the Freebooter career path would also work as a rough guide.

Bilateralrope said:

. . ., the only issue is deciding how to apply Mob Rule to a horde.

I would apply Mob Rule for Ork hordes by saying every point of magnitude gives a bonus to the Ork horde to resist breaking and they ignore any penalties due to reduction in size and Ork hordes will never automatically break due to size reduction.

So a magnitude 20 horde, the remnants of a much larger magnitude 80 force that has been decimated by the kill team, will have a +20 to resist breaking and continue on the fun/fight.

Never mind that Ork in Edge of the Abyss, he'll be dead in seconds....no armour to speak off....high toughness, nice boss for a beginning squad but nothing more...
For RT characters on the other hand....

Santiago said:

Never mind that Ork in Edge of the Abyss, he'll be dead in seconds....no armour to speak off....high toughness, nice boss for a beginning squad but nothing more...
For RT characters on the other hand....

Change up the gear, things get more interesting - there's Mega Armour in Creature's Anathema, which is slightly behind Terminator Armour in protection, so that's a good place to start.

RT and or DH creatures Anthema also give plenty of traits and talents to bolster them with. Some of the quirks in Anthema for antagonists would be nifty.