Player nations: could an expansion add more?

By bitva, in Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game

Played this twice now, and had a great time with it. I'm not at all familiar with the PC games, so are the six player nations options in the PC games, or were they chosen by Kevin Wilson? Are there more, or other player nations in the PC games? What could we expect if new player nations were the result of an expansion? I kind of wished there were 3 ancient and 3 modern nations to choose from in the game, rather than just two ancient ones (Egypt and Rome).

What would the PC games allow in regards to this?

Greece, Babylon, Carthage, or Persia?

England, Spain, France, or Japan?

By "PC games", do you mean the computer games (which are available for a variety of platforms, not just Windows)?

If so, you should know that this board game is similar to the computer games in theme only. They are completely different games, with completely different limitations. For example, in Civilization IV, you can have as many as 18 civilizations on the same map at the same time (more with mods), all controllable by player or AI.

As for your question, yes, I am personally convinced the board game was designed with expansions in mind. Nothing is official yet, but I would be very surprised if FFG aren't planning to announce more civilizations (and possibly also rules and tokens for a 5th or even 6th player) over the coming year.

If we can talk about the board game for a second, I nominate Babylonians, Persians, Nubians, Mayans, and Vikings.

The Civilizations were chosen based on ones that are still around. Even ones that have/had Great Wonders and have technically reached a Victory.

Okay well, Persians definitely qualify on both counts. Did you know their engineering is what made possible the hanging gardens? Underground aqueducts built at a very slight downward slant so that that there was a terrible rush of momentum built up before it got to the place it was supposed to spit upward, at which point it shot up with enough force to water that whole thing. Their leader could be Cyrus the Great. And I still think the Mayans would be a great inclusion, as none of the ancient Western Hemisphere is included. The Vikings actually influenced other cultures a lot, and had wide-ranging trade, though they aren't around now either...

While I'm rambling, are we gonna get a bigger board for this expansion?

Of course there should be more nations. Surprised the Germans got the nod over the British.

New nations: 1. Great Britain under either Elizabeth or Victoria, monarchy, sailing. 2. India under Gandhi. These would be my prefered next two nations. Then Greece under Alexander and France under Napoleon.