High Elves indirect damage using new cards

By Primus_Magicus, in Warhammer Invasion Deck Building

Here a tweaked deck of my high elves/lizardmen indirect damage deck using the new units white tower aspirant and spearhost of asuryan. Carnosaur rider and repeater bolt thrower were thrown out with this. Any comments?

50 cards: 24 units, 17 tactics, 9 support

3 Innovation
3 Contested Village
3 Envoy from Averlorn
2 Gift of Life
3 Order in Chaos
2 Demolition!
3 From Beneath the Waves
3 High Elf's Disdain
3 Outpost of Tiranoc
3 Sea Guard Captain
3 Skinks of Sotek
3 White Tower Aspirant
3 Elven Warship
3 Spawn of Itzl
1 Gifts of Aenarion
3 Spearhost of Asuryan
3 Sword Masters of Hoeth
3 Descendent of Indraugnir

I've been playing with indirect elves for a bit and its my favourite deck at the moment.Was just wondering why no citadel of dusk and warpstones?They're crazy good and bump your accelaration by heaps if you get them early.My build has less units because i use flames of the phoenix to reset the board and a dragon to swing free.This is due to touhgness decks which really hampers the flow of indirect damage.

One more thing with your decks units lineup with nearly most of em in front,how do you plan on defending your quest and kingdom zones?Was just wondering. gran_risa.gif

Good call about defending the side zones, only Envoy, Skinks and White tower aspirant should go there normally, but have poor hitpoints. 1x gifts of aenarion cannot do the job... **** I want to stay close to 50 cards, but so many cards I want to take in... About the citadel.. don''t know why i forgot that one, havent used it in games yet, but does give good boost for its cost the first 3 turns so should be taken in the deck. Warpstones the same thing, but as I have few (and relative weak) units for the Quest and Kingdom zone right now in the deck I don't want to risk too much with WE. Envoy, Village are allready cheap boosts;)

As for toughness decks, i have 3x white tower aspirant and 2x gifts of life (and 3x order in chaos) so I could get this card back some times to make sure my damage does count^^

I guess the 3x sea guard captain and 1x dragon should go out at least to make room for other cards.

Hmmm yeah forgot about the aspirants ability,havent gotten the pack here yet.You should try out flames of the phoenix though it works for me at the moment due to playing so few units and cheap at that too,but yeah thats me i guess hehe.I also dropped demolitions replacing them with rodrik raiders because of their 1/3 body and can be placed anywhere on the board.I'll post my list when im not too sleepy gran_risa.gif

Tried out the new stuff,white tower aspirant is just too small with envoy of everlon,they just seem to die to the new dwarf hero.I'm trying to minimize the units in the deck so flame of the phoenix will be of optimal usage.By the way the new buffed sea guard isnt too shabby to use.

I run with two descendants instead of 3, just due to the cost. Citadel of Dusk can only help. Maybe one dragon and one seaguard captain for citadels and see how it runs?

Here's my list of the indirect deck tweaked with the new cards

3 Citadel of Dusk

3 Contested Village

3 Warpstone excavation

3 Outpost of Tiranoc

3 Elven Warships

3 Mining Tunnels

1 Temple of Vaul

3 Innovation

3 High Elf's Disdain

3 Flames of the Phoenix

3 Envoy from Averlon

3 Rodrik's Raiders

3 Sea Guard captain

3 Spearhost of Asuryan

3 Skinks of Sotek

3 Spawn of Itzl

2 Descendant of Indraugnir

2 Sword Masters of Hoeth

50 cards,1 temple due to having only 1 ulthuan set sadly,its really good wish i had more.I also use Rodricks instead of demolition due to the body it provides whhich is useful for chumblocking stuff.Plan is to load up on support on kingdom fast and ramp up gold with citadel/temple/innovation then flames followed by dropping indirect shooters in battlefield. Flames can aslo be used defensively againt a heavy unit deck. Pretty much good matchup vs anything except a godhand dwarf deck but hey thats dwarfs for ya gui%C3%B1o.gif

Hope its good enuff for you guys!

Hi all!

Post-GenCon it's time to rehash some old concepts like a nice High Elf Indirect Damage build. I struggle a lot with this concept. My latest build is the following:

Unit (20)
3 Envoy from Averlorn
3 Loremaster of Hoeth
3 Skinks of Sotek
3 Lelansi
2 Spawn of Itzl
3 True Mage
3 Descendant of Indraugnir

Tactic (12)
3 Drain Magic
3 Demolition!
3 Flames of the Phoenix
3 Pilgrimage

Support (18)
3 Contested Village
3 Judgement of Loec
3 Citadel of Dusk
3 Mining Tunnels
3 Outpost of Tiranoc
3 Elven Warship

In the current environment I hate playing units early because of all the unit control mechanisms Chaos and DE own. That's why I'm not so sure about the True Mage slot. I nearly always develop that unit. Strangely, the same is true for the Flames. A big danger of the deck is drawing out. And it is inherently weak against rush.

I'm very delighted about any kind of comments. :-)

My HE indirect list is almost identical. The only difference is that I typically play High Elves Disdain or Shield of Saphery over Drain Magic.

I decluttered my deck and the following comes out:

-3 True Mage
-3 Flames of the Phoenix
+2 Shield of Saphery
+2 Order in Chaos
+2 White Lion Vanguard

I will talk about my first impressions after some playtesting at the weekend.

I like the wider variety of "1-Ressource-tactics". In the past my kept ressource token was just for the threat of playing Drain Magic.

Does Drain Magic get a lot of use? HE Disdain gets any Tactic, DM only gets Spells. Looking on deckbox, I got 2 pages of Tactic - Spell cards, 6 pages of Tactics.

Looking on deckbox, I got 2 pages of Tactic - Spell cards, 6 pages of Tactics.

Maybe that's because spell tactics are a subset of tactics?!

Drain Magic cancels Judgement of Verena which is enough to me to justify the adding. Moreover it cancels most of the fancy cards like Black Horror, Sacrifice to Kaine, Chain Lightning, Plague Bomb. And it even cancels attachments.

Not to forget Raise Dead so you have a decent matchup against Verena and Reanimator decks. I also think Drain Magic covers enough tactics to play it instead of Disdain.

Philos said:

Maybe that's because spell tactics are a subset of tactics?!

Drain Magic cancels Judgement of Verena which is enough to me to justify the adding. Moreover it cancels most of the fancy cards like Black Horror, Sacrifice to Kaine, Chain Lightning, Plague Bomb. And it even cancels attachments.

Well I knew that lengua.gif (in regard to the first part), point was that there are still two times more non-Spell tactics. I did a quick mental tally on the cards DM would normally work on in the decks around here and Dwarves are barely affected at all, while HED takes care of Reclaim the Fallen and My Life For the Hold. Empire's main Tactics, Called Back and Forced March are again immune to DM, although JoV is affected, as is Manaan Take You (no Chain Lightning for Empire). Chaos is probably the most affected, but then again, they have such an amount of Tactics that losing one is like a drop in an ocean, not to mention all their units with damage or other actions (that even HED doesn't touch). Against Orcs DM is pure development-fodder, HED gets Pillage, Troll Vomit and Waaagh. DElves are close to Chaos with their Spells, but have Tactics in lesser amount , although DM doesn't touch We Need Your Blood or either of the unit-stealing (from opponent's discard) Tactics. Only Attachments DM would get would only happen in a HElf vs HElf matchup, but only have one deck for each race so that can't happen gran_risa.gif . I think above is a reason why DM for me went right into the storage box after opening the BP.

3x Shield of Saphery and 3x Drain Magic are usually a decent protection package.

I have been toying with this deck with mixed results one of the more brutal combos if I am reading the cards correctly is and of the lizard men with savage allows you to really keep the battlefield pretty much empty i also have an initiate of saphrey to keep those lizzies alive

Thing is how do you guys plan to handle bats or those lil orcs that just do 2 dmg to units and capital?looks like the list just falls over to em :(

Yeah, this deck type has major problems with rush in my experience. I havent really come up with a way to stop it. They do have one of the better answers to Bats in Judgement of Loec, but you just take so much damage, usually if you dont get an early Skink the game is over quickly.

TL

Hey vit gratz again on the worlds championship,regarding judgement,well it doesnt really stop it cause the damage has already gone through.When you deal indirect,they'll just put in on the judged bat and it'll come back another turn to haunt you,which kinda sucks.I'm trying either peerless swordmistress,that slamander or dragonmage i spose to stop it cold.

That is actually not correct. When you turn the unit into a development it is no longer considered a unit and does not have any Hit Points.

Ah nice well that shores up that part of the bats :D