French Ravage magazine mini-expansion for City of Thieves.

By Hellfury, in Cadwallon: City of Thieves

In the October or Novemeber 2010 issue of Ravage magazine, there was a mini expansion for the game that was printed. It is titled "The Inn".

Basically, the Innkeeper runs a fencing operation, and loans out specific items to Thieves Guild members...at a price... to be later repaid.

CoTME1.jpg

Here are the rules translated into English:

• At the beginning of the game, each player (clockwise) chooses 1 card. Then, each player (counterclockwise) chooses a 2nd card.
  • You can decide not to take one or both cards.
  • Each card is attached to a single character.
  • Cards cannot be stolen.
  • Cards last the entire game, unless specified otherwise.
  • Each player must pay his debt to the inn (equal to the sum of cards values) at the end of the game. (The debt is subtracted from your final ducat pool).

CARD TEXT:

1. Lock Picks:
Your character adds +1 to its Spirit value when it tries to open a chest.
If you roll a 6, the Lock Picks can no longer be used.
Debt: 2 ducats

2. Sword of Zeal:
Can be used when attacking or defending.
Your character adds +1 to the highest combat die.
If you lose the battle, the sword can no longer be used.

3. Neighborhood Map:
Use while moving your character.
Your character can move from one glyph to another during its movement.

4. Safe Passage:
Use while moving your character.
Your character can cross a Portcullis.

5. Blunderbuss:
Can be used when attacking or defending.
Your character will roll a die before the battle:
1, 2, 3, 4: The fight takes place as normal.
5, 6: Your character automatically wins the fight.

6. Disguise:
Your character can not be attacked by a militiaman.

7. Padlocks:
Use this when your character is active.
Once per game, your character can place one of its treasures on this card.
This treasure can not be stolen.

8. Account Ledger:
Use this when your character is active.
Once per game, you can use a mission card without spending an Action Point .

9. Shield:
Can be used when defending.
Your character wins any draws in a fight.

If you like them, voice your opinion to FFG and perhaps they may make them available in North America. Perhaps as a free download, if it doesn't infringe on Ravage magazines copyright. (Since Ravage is nigh inpossible to obtain in North America, it may be possible)

It would be great - I don't want to have to just make my own cards and play - I want nice printed!!!

Please FFG! Give us the hook-up!

I would also love to see an official North American print of this from FFG! Make it happen, please!

I'd go for it.

OD

Hellfury said:

Fantastic! That kinda came under the radar!

EDIT - ummmm yeah... next time I should just press F5 on the main page. :)

That was FAST aplauso.gif I never really expected much in the way of support for this Game so this is really a bonus.FFG deserves some credit for putting this up as a download.Ravage seems to have cool stuff but as mentioned forget trying to get this in the US.

OD

This is why I love FFG :) . And props to the creator(s) of this game as well! Très bien!

I thought the text in the card was shabby...looks rushed!

It appears to be two mini-expansions according to the Author.

'No Quarter!' and 'The Sacred Altar'.

One gives new combat rules and the other a new room, respectively.

Huzzah to FFG for getting this to us so quickly! I haven't printed it yet so if MeggyPeggs is right that would be a little sad, even though it's a free expansion: You get this feeling no one is taking the time to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's at FFG, even with such gorgeous games. That's why Starcraft just annoyed me so much I didn't buy it (I'm an editor, so maybe sloppy writing irks me too easily), and I'm wary of Civ being the game "we worked really hard on" if there is already an errata sheet with errors that could have been cross-checked easily during what one would assume would be months of play-testing and kinks-working-out.

My plea: FFG, your games are just too good not to make sure the text is legible, clearly worded, and grammatically correct. Your printing classics now, it seems, so don't rush the test read and test print stages.

Pulsar said:

Huzzah to FFG for getting this to us so quickly! I haven't printed it yet so if MeggyPeggs is right that would be a little sad, even though it's a free expansion: You get this feeling no one is taking the time to dot the 'i's and cross the 't's at FFG, even with such gorgeous games. That's why Starcraft just annoyed me so much I didn't buy it (I'm an editor, so maybe sloppy writing irks me too easily), and I'm wary of Civ being the game "we worked really hard on" if there is already an errata sheet with errors that could have been cross-checked easily during what one would assume would be months of play-testing and kinks-working-out.

My plea: FFG, your games are just too good not to make sure the text is legible, clearly worded, and grammatically correct. Your printing classics now, it seems, so don't rush the test read and test print stages.

I printed out "The Inn" expansion and they look just fine. Perhaps they went back and revisited the wording, but they appear fine now.

Yes, you're right, just did it. I'll stop bitching. And thank you, Hell Fury for getting this going. aplauso.gif

Dear FFG,

Any word on the translation status of the double mini expansion 'No Quarter!' and 'The Sacred Altar' in PDF yet?

Sincerely,

"Snugglekins"

Pulsar said:

Pardon my insolence, Mr. Editor. It does seem that your ire doesn't extend to your own texts if you can make simple mistakes like:

Your printing classics now, it...

Should it not have been 'You're' gran_risa.gif

Just kidding~