chaos legion rules

By Drake56, in Deathwatch House Rules

hi all while out here in afghan i have decided to breathe a bit of life into my chaos adversaries and am starting to write up some rules for making proper npc chrs along the same lines as the players. then fought it would be a good idea to pick all your of active brains lol.

Well for armor I would make sure they have older marks, so a bit weaker, but maybe their chaos infused bodies will be tougher as a means of compensation?

Older plasma weapons with more risk to overload.

Marks of Chaos; one for each of the main four plus a few chaos undivided marks in place of chapter abilities, or perhaps in addition too, since they've been to places where time is meaningless, they should be considered tough.

BTW, what part of the Ghan are you in? I'm in the north.

E

i am thinking of chapter abilities and demeanors but i like the idea's you thrown in mate

hopefully rites of battle will have some older variants in it but will have to wait and see

deffinatly gonna do the word bearers as that my army on table top lol,

i am at kaf

ejacobs said:

You need to remember: Older means Better in 40K.

So an older plasma weapons that a chaos legion might use should actually be safer and maybe even more potent.

ItsUncertainWho said:

ejacobs said:

So an older plasma weapons that a chaos legion might use should actually be safer and maybe even more potent.

Up until a daemon gets inside it and decides that it likes it when the weapon overheats.

ItsUncertainWho said:

ejacobs said:

Actually, back in 2nd edition 40k, Chaos Space Marines used different plasma weapons to the Imperium. Where an Imperial plasma weapon had no chance of overheating, they required a turn to recharge between shots (except the Heavy Plasma Gun, which could be fired on low power every turn, or maximal every other turn - this was carried over to the Plasma Pistol and Plasma Gun in Necromunda). The Mark 1 Plasma Weapons used by Chaos Marines didn't need to recharge and had a higher rate of fire, but had a risk of overheating.