Aiming with two accurate pistols

By KommissarK, in Dark Heresy House Rules

Alright, so a player got his hands on two different pistols, each with the accurate quality. If he spends a full round aiming on one turn, just how can he apply those bonuses when firing using multiple attacks (with TWW ballistic)? Is it just a bonus to one pistols attack, or both?

I imagine it is only to one, and the first shot, as that is the RAW reading of aim giving a bonus to the "next" attack. Also, as both guns are accurate, I would imagine only one can receive its accurate bonus.

Of course, I would like to hear anyone elses experiences with this.

I suggest you ask FFG about this.

KommissarK said:

I imagine it is only to one, and the first shot, as that is the RAW reading of aim giving a bonus to the "next" attack. Also, as both guns are accurate, I would imagine only one can receive its accurate bonus.

I haven't had this problem, but you seem to have come up with the only reasonable answer.

KommissarK said:

Alright, so a player got his hands on two different pistols, each with the accurate quality. If he spends a full round aiming on one turn, just how can he apply those bonuses when firing using multiple attacks (with TWW ballistic)? Is it just a bonus to one pistols attack, or both?

Of course, I would like to hear anyone elses experiences with this.

Dual shot should give the bonus to both though.

Alex

This is pretty much the same as if you do a full-action aim and then Swift Attack with a melee weapon. I agree only the first attack gets the bonus, including the Accuracy +10% bonus.

BTW this belongs in the rules questions thread, not house rules thread as you are asking for a clarification rather than attempting to make a new house rule.

Thanks for the suggestions, and yeah, I realized I posted this in the wrong board about 10 seconds afterwards. Since I can't really fix it myself, well, no use mentioning it.

And yes, dual shot should work on both.

I believe the rules state (Can't remember if it was in the book or in a errata) that while, yes, Accurate is nice, all you get is a +10. Nothing else. No bonus damage, no extra bonus to hit after the half round aim. Nothing.

According to the errata you gain the bonus to the first shot with the first weapon used to attack, so even when you aim and use a multiple attacks you on your first attack you gain the aim and accuracy bonus then resolve the rest as per normal.

I have a player who runs an Inquisitor in my Deathwatch game. He has two pistols with the accurate quality. He also has independent trageting. This is the way I handled it. He can take a full action to hlaf-aim each pistols and apply the ffects of aim and accurate to the one shot he gets from each pistol. I haven't had any problems with it, but it is a Deathwatch game. Your mileage may very.

Eh, I wouldn't suggest it for anything beyond a Death Watch game. Barring house rules, *only* Basic accurate weapons get the additional dice, pistols don't get anything but the +10. DW tends to be really combat focused, and the ability to have each hand do up to 3d10+whatever with that is a bit.. Strong, I would say, for most games.

Rakiel said:

Eh, I wouldn't suggest it for anything beyond a Death Watch game. Barring house rules, *only* Basic accurate weapons get the additional dice, pistols don't get anything but the +10. DW tends to be really combat focused, and the ability to have each hand do up to 3d10+whatever with that is a bit.. Strong, I would say, for most games.

I do allow the extra damage for pistols in DH, but I do not allow aiming more than a single gun (hold up your index fingers about 10cm apart, and try to focus on both fingernails at the same time ;) ).

Now, techpriests with both a gun mechadendrite and an optical mechadendrite are another matter. I hope my players do not read this...