Ammo backpacks

By xandarian, in Deathwatch House Rules

I am sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, if so I have not been able to find it. My group has brought up a few questions about ammo backpacks, both regarding pure rules, real world logic, the way models look, and fluff. So here are a few

1) What can been combined with the ammo pack? Jump pack (most likely no) or general backpack

2) Can ammo pack be combined with cybernetics? Servo-arms, mechadentrite, servo-harness?

3) Can terminators wear ammo packs?

Any thoughts would be of much help. Thank you

xandarian said:

1) What can been combined with the ammo pack? Jump pack (most likely no) or general backpack

2) Can ammo pack be combined with cybernetics? Servo-arms, mechadentrite, servo-harness?

1) Definitely not for jump pack, but perhaps there might be room for smaller gear.

2) I don't see why not since the cybernetics are not strapped to armour, but are rather a part of a marine.

3) I've never seen a terminator in TT that had an ammo pack. On the other hand since Terminators can use Assault Cannons they'd virtually need an ammo pack. If a standard Astartes power armour can carry an ammo pack with no problems, a Terminator armour should be able to as well.

xandarian said:

I am sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere, if so I have not been able to find it. My group has brought up a few questions about ammo backpacks, both regarding pure rules, real world logic, the way models look, and fluff. So here are a few

Any thoughts would be of much help. Thank you

As a combat veteran I think of all the crap I had to haul around when I make these decisions. I am sure the ammo pack could have some form of braided molly to carry all sorts of stuff.

The cybernetics stuff, well just look at some of the freaks in Dark Heresy they got all kinds of stuff coming off of them so If its with in reason I would say ya ammo can go with the harness.

Terminators are the biggest and baddest and I can not imagine them not having an ammo pack of some sort.

I understand wanting to add realism to the game, but mundane stuff like this I normaly don't even think twice about because I don't want to spend all night auditing wieght allowences ect. As long as hes not trying to carry 100 krak missles and 50 plasma gernades and 10,000 bolter rounds I really do not care.

I think it is clear that Terminator Armour has an integrated ammo pack as standard.

For Jump Packs, I would say that the devastator would have to keep the weapon stowed in a carrying harness with the ammo while falling out of a Thunderhawk or other such conveyance while using a jump pack to control his descent until he lands and scraps the JP, then breaks out the weapon and ammo pack.

For cybernetics, no problem, it will be incorporated into the whole harness.

For Terminators, absolutely they can have either drum/box magazines or as one model has been made, with a ammo belt being fed by a backpack supply.

Also, I stand by the notion that no backpack ammo supply should have less than 500 rounds of ammo. It's a backpack! Carried by a guy in Power Armor! He can do it!

That goes for all weapon systems that have ammo, the power pack ones I'm open to suggestion about.

E

From what I have seen in the table top 40K game the Suspensor is a backpack with power cables leading to the weapon to which it is attached. I don't allow a backpack ammo supply to be used with it.