Need help with campaign idea

By Angron41, in Deathwatch House Rules

Hello all, I'm trying to come up with the plot for a lengthy campaign and I thought that maybe you could help me refine some of the points, or suggest ideas and edits. I'm also fairly new to being a GM, and so if some of this (or all) doesn't seem workable or too complex, I'd like to know.

The core idea is that many of the Imperial high and mighty (Inquistor Lords, probably the Watch Captain Mordigael(?), General Tetrachus and a few others) get together and decide that Lord General Achelus needs to die for the sake of the crusade. I don't want to have Chaos play a part in this, I want to grant down the line a chance for the PCs to make a moral decision on who to side with when it become Imperial on Imperial. Where I'm having real trouble (so far) is that as an introductory mission (some of these people haven't played Deathwatch before) I want the PCs to play a very short mission (I plan to spend half the first game session playing and half creating characters) where they actually are the ones who kill Achelus. I was thinking of doing this as though in censored pict, so I could introduce the idea of a larger conspiracy, but not of whom and not tell them who they are killing. Basically the characters would emerge from hiding on the ship, sneak or fight their way to the Gellar field generator (I don't know the fiction on that) and then blow it up. They would escape through a special pod with an astropath in it that would get them out of the warp safely. All information that would help them realize they are killing loyal IG and on a loyal Imperial ship would be censored by the Inquisition. I would either hand the PCs pre-made characters (probably from Final Sanction 'cause I'm lazy) or through later events tell them that they were mind-wiped. The problem is that I don't think its going to fool anyone, and censoring the info feels like I'm penalizing anyone who wants to Perception, Intelligence, or Lore. Any ideas? or am I just going to have to come up with a different intro mission? I have a more detailed plan written up, It's just a little long for posting on here.

just realized I posted this in the wrong part of the forum. Sorry about that. That's what I get for watching football and typing at the same time.

I have a simular campaign going on as far as Imperium vs Imperium so let me see if I can help. What you might do instead of trying to lie to the characters about who you are killing maybe lie to them about why. Have an Inquisitor Lord from Ordo Xenos and possibly a high ranking Sister of Battler Or another Inquisitor from Ordo Hereticus present some of the "intel" they supposidly gathered on the general and why he needs to be killed. Then when they get there they start to realize there are alot of contradictions(that is of corse if they look for it and dont just blindly go in and kill the guy) One way to prevent that however is to have an equally high level Inquisitor on board with the General that bumps into the characters and tells them the truth. That might be one way of doing it. You could start them all out in scout armor since they are going to want to sneak around ect.

That sounds like a really great idea! I'll probably do that, since I think the players would catch on too quick the way I was planning. Thanks!