First game, couple of questions...

By simpatikool, in Dust Tactics

Gents,

Couple of questions after my first game...

1. Initiative...Do you roll initiative for scenarios? Or is it Attacker moves first then defender? Also, if you are rolling initiative, is it only the very first round in the game, or is it at the start of each round?

2. Terrain. Looking at the scenarios, they give us marked maps with the blocking pieces, Depending on the scenario, the rules explain there may be X ammo crates and or X tank traps available, but no indication who get to set them up. Any word on this little detail?

Thanks

As far as i understand it you always roll for initiative - being the attacker or defender makes no difference. Cover is covered on pg 16 of the rules - you roll as you do for setup, then take turns to set it up.

Thanks Panzer, found the rules on the cover pieces in the main book. I was searching the Blue Thunder rules. Who would of thought.

What do you all do regarding the setup for A = attacker and D = Defender? I see the rules as if the Attacker player wins initiative and goes first, his first moves are placing the unit in position A and finishing his move, same with Defender.

Does the rules as written then allow for an entire army group to deploy from the same A space for example?

according to the rules , infantry can pass through friendly infantry or vehicles , but friendly vehicles cannot pass through other firendly figures , so yes they could all deploy through the same square as long as the square is empty when any vehicles deployed through it , and no units stacked when they ended their moves .