What happens when a combat ends with an Escape result?

By cogollo, in Fury Of Dracula

Do the Hunters and/or Dracula stay in the city where the combat took place if the combat ends after a successful Escape attempt?

Or does the fleeing character have to move away from the city where they fought to an adjacent one?

If the Hunters escape, then combat ends. They remain in the city and thier turn ends (unless it is Helsing who can still do an action, I believe).If Dracula escapes using either Man or Mist, then combat ends and he remains in the city. If he escapes as a Bat then he can move as described on the card.

So in short .. No, no-one gets a free move using escape, they just escaped the fight but remain in the city (unless Dracula escaped as a bat)

Esacping from a combat is ending the turn of the hunter immediately so Van Helsing can't rest/resupply/trade in this case. This is mentioned in the rulebook although at a bit obscure way. Otherwise, fully correct. happy.gif

but if they escape but still occupy the same zone/city do they have to fight each other the next time it is one of their turns? Or may any of them move away?

I believe you move, then encounter on your turn. Therefore, if the first combat was on Dracs turn, the hunter can either stay put and fight again, or run for it and take an action in another city (assuming there's not another encounter). If the first attack was on Drac's turn, he can choose a card to move to in the normal way, and leave an encounter. Of course, if he felt lucky I guess he could hide and another encounter for the hunter next turn?

Played this a full game for the first time this weekend and have the same questions as the original poster. Would love a comprehensive answer. Thanks!

stolen73 said:

Played this a full game for the first time this weekend and have the same questions as the original poster. Would love a comprehensive answer. Thanks!

And that question was answered quite clearly.