Military support ally card

By Azgaz, in A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (1st Edition)

the faq says:

The attacker and defender should play their Military Support Ally cards only after the other players have declared their support.

This means that attacker and defender can play this card ONLY if another player is supporting them in this battle or they can use this card even if they are supporthing themselfes?

tnx

What my friend is trying to ask is:

Do you have to be supported in order to use a military support ally card?

Azgaz figured that in order to use the card you MUST be supported by an another player. He got this meaning from the FAQ and this sentence (page 7):

The attacker and defender should play their Military Support Ally cards only after other players have declared their support .

I say that you can play this card regardles of other players and their support, BUT it has to be played after total combat strength has been announced.

So, please answer and clarify this, because Azgaz is driving me nuts with his literal translation of the rulebook (english is not our first language).

Thanks!

Nemorensis said:

What my friend is trying to ask is:

Do you have to be supported in order to use a military support ally card?

Azgaz figured that in order to use the card you MUST be supported by an another player. He got this meaning from the FAQ and this sentence (page 7):

The attacker and defender should play their Military Support Ally cards only after other players have declared their support .

I say that you can play this card regardles of other players and their support, BUT it has to be played after total combat strength has been announced.

So, please answer and clarify this, because Azgaz is driving me nuts with his literal translation of the rulebook (english is not our first language).

Thanks!

You are correct,if no other players offer support you can still play your Ally support card.The FAQ just means that other players must give or decline to give support first before you proceed to play your Ally Support Card.

OD