The Harp from the Dragon's Treasure Room

By DoomTurtle, in DungeonQuest

We drew the harp from the treasure room as one of the two treasures while the dragon slept. It said the next time you are in the treasure room, draw two dragon cards.

I get this, because the harp is noisy, so you have two chances to wake the dragon instead of one. However, what if you don't wake the dragon? You now have two cards that tell you to draw two treasures each. Drawing four treasures in one turn doesn't seem right just because you have a noisy instrument. Which is how we play it. But technically, there is no restriction on the harp's card to say only two treasures, and the instruction book does not restric to two treasures either, it simply says to follow the dragon card.

Like I said, I believe you should only still draw two treasures, but is that what you are supposed to do? Is four treasures an added bonus of the harp for taking a riskier chance? Maybe something for the next FAQ update.

We always play it as said. Draw two dragon cards. Then, if the dragon is still sleeping, draw four treasure cards.

It is a harp! Thematically, you could think of it being that the harp makes noise/music... which may wake the dragon, or end up lulling him to an even deeper sleep. Thus, if Kalladra doesn't wake, you're safe to pilfer a few more treasures than you normally would.

sigmazero13 said:

It is a harp! Thematically, you could think of it being that the harp makes noise/music... which may wake the dragon, or end up lulling him to an even deeper sleep. Thus, if Kalladra doesn't wake, you're safe to pilfer a few more treasures than you normally would.

Brilliant! That right there just put to rest all my qualms!

Just for better flavoring information for those who do not already know, Harp of TRANQUILITY is its name.

Tranquility also means PEACEFUL and SOOTHING. That is why Sigma was absolutely right. The harp IS meant to be a gamble to lull the dragon to deeper sleep or to awaken it.