Just a suggestion

By Razrael, in Fan Creations

I have followed the goings on within this forum for a couple of years.
AH is already a very 'full' game with loads of GOO and Investigator choices.

However, with the availability of the great Strange Eons tool, there are some really great custom pieces for proplr to use (should they wish).

Now my suggestion, for people coming to the site with a fresh pair of eyes 75 pages of messages (just for one component) with game content interspersed can be a bit daunting, followed by the fact that some work is 'in progress', could we not have a sticky thread (or threads) for finalised components to assist the use of this great community resource.

Just my two penneth.

I'm not sure "finalized" would be a good word to use... that's kind of a subjective thing. Sometimes, I've really liked a GOO or investigator that someone posted here, but I made a few small changes before playing with it. And it was probably just fine and "finalized" for the person who posted it, but I liked it "finalized" a different way.

But I definitely agree there could be some value to gathering files that have been tested and are known to work reasonably well (at least by the standard of whoever tested them). Perhaps call a thread "Playtested Content" or something like that. Everything should be posted to the relevant thread, regardless... Post new GOOs to the GOO thread, new heralds to the heralds thread, etc. But if you've actually playtested something and consider it to be reasonably well functioning, then also add it to the "Playtested" thread.

Razrael said:

I have followed the goings on within this forum for a couple of years.
AH is already a very 'full' game with loads of GOO and Investigator choices.

However, with the availability of the great Strange Eons tool, there are some really great custom pieces for proplr to use (should they wish).

Now my suggestion, for people coming to the site with a fresh pair of eyes 75 pages of messages (just for one component) with game content interspersed can be a bit daunting, followed by the fact that some work is 'in progress', could we not have a sticky thread (or threads) for finalised components to assist the use of this great community resource.

Just my two penneth.

If we had an active moderator, then yes, probably ;') unfortunately we don't, so probably not. If you find it a bit daunting, a few frequent posters (at least in the heralds and Ancient Ones section) have photobucket accounts with mostly finalized components. I'd suggest you just don't try going through all 75 pages of the heralds thread in a day :') though it can be done.

We discuss this in the herald thread already. Someone has to make a fan creation section on the english wiki. :-)