Watch Station Midael

By DrgnScorpion, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

So, i'm wondering how are people using this Watch Station. I have the group getting it ready for use due to their actions last mission which was summoning 2 Chaos Legions to the Crusade front. The big thing is why there is only one battle brother left and who is he. So i'm curious what other GMs are doing for it.

Our GM just filled that poor battle brother with Blood Locust eggs and placed him in not only suspended animation but in a stasis box meant for Arioch. Turns out our "bad guys" are calling the Deathwatch out with a direct challenge.

Nice, i'm about to restock the station and make it active.

I have it crewed by a Black Shield who was placed in charge of its defence long ago. His need for redemption prevents him from abandoning the station, and making things harder it is his former breathen assaulting the planet. He is using a creative tactics learned while in service to the dark gods.

The group is on route to investigate why he has not reported in a few decades.

40k Junkie said:

I have it crewed by a Black Shield who was placed in charge of its defence long ago. His need for redemption prevents him from abandoning the station, and making things harder it is his former breathen assaulting the planet. He is using a creative tactics learned while in service to the dark gods.

The group is on route to investigate why he has not reported in a few decades.

I've really enjoyed toying with the idea of a Black Shield. After having finally read Lord of the Night, I envisioned an almost pre-heresy Iron Warriors Tech Priest held within a similar stasis bubble as a character. The role playing challenge for such a character with so much inner turmoil over what his battle brothers had done would be really fun to do.