Dear FFG...Where is Blood Bowl?

By meggypeggs, in Blood Bowl: Team Manager

Any info?

Any news?

Any updates?

A fan left in the dark after having a teaser of its existence...

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6270126#6270126

A post on Boardgamegeek from Feb 10, 2011:

"My FLGS owner told me that he received an email regarding this game that previewed it and stated it's release date as early next month (March). Has anyone else heard this news?"

Sounds to good to be true ....

The original August story slated it for Winter, but I don't recall seeing any updates. Let's hope the delay is just minor tweaking from playtesting.

My FLG in France is taking pre-order on it too... say March/April

Does your FLG has someting for us: Pictures, Details, ... ?

Surely SOMEONE at FFG can shed some light on this?

Please????!!!!

The NAF Championships are being held at Lenton on 7th - 8th May 2011, with 170 coaches ALREADY signed up for this event...

I simply cannot BELIEVE FFG are not able to at least provide a sneak peek of this game at NAFC 2011...

I've been trying to get the balance right between showing a little curiosity and stalking Anton Torres, but he's so tight lipped on this I can only presume he's had 'em stapled to his desk by an NDA...

but so I represent this missed sales opportunity in as graphic terms as I can muster:

I'd buy TWO copies of this game YESTERDAY knowing NOTHING about it (and would be happy even if it was TERRIBLE), and I know several hundred other Bloodbowl fanatics nearly as cash-happy ...

...the NAF know several THOUSAND, and their most fanatical come from all over the WORLD to compete in this event...

...and will by the looks of it go back home again to their respective Bloodbowl Leagues still NOT knowing about this apparently imminent new product...

...many of them go to Bloodbowl tourneys EVERY weekend all over the WORLD...

...you can afford to when you only need 11 miniatures to play the game gran_risa.gif

...in fact those who do this tend to be well minted and spend hundreds on single miniatures (seeing as GW don't really make Bloodbowl much any more)

In summary, who do I have to convince the wife to sleep with to get an update on this? corazon_roto.gif

Cardhaus games has the product as being released 2nd Quarter 2011, which I guess started in April?

IS THE GAME COMING SOON?

Apparently the Blood Bowl license from GW requires FFG to treat their Blood Bowl fans similarly to how GW does. After a year of official silence, expect C&Ds against fans, creator drama, and black and white cards stripped of all art and fluff...

Seriously, it's pretty ridiculous the lack of info about this game.

The French FLGs answered me that in fact he have no real information about the game release date or status.

He put it on pre-order but had no real information from FFG.

I think this game is getting Vaporwared very fast. And the fact that FFG didn't communicate about it at all since the initial news is nearly a confirmation.

According to some distributors I contacted, game is expected for July (sounds a mere speculation tho)

Nero79 said:

According to some distributors I contacted, game is expected for July (sounds a mere speculation tho)

Do you seriously believe that FFG wouldnt remark on it's release if it was really being released this month?

In short, not a chance in hell.

WOOO!!!! Check out the upcoming page!! September baby!