Deathwatch Termie Killteam

By OniNoTed, in Fan Art

Here's what happens after you play Space Hulk and read the Deathwatch rulebook. I was inspired to create a killteam for Space Hulk and hopefully use in a Deathwatch campaign.

They are in various states of completion, with none being close to done. llorando.gif Hopefully, they'll be done by years end.

IMG_0071-Copy.jpg

IMG_0072-Copy.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0076-Copy.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074-Copy.jpg

IMG_0075-Copy.jpg

Nice. A squad of Deathwatch Terminators look really impressive I have to say. And should be formidable opponents to any xeno threat.

Alex

I think I like the Storm Warden termie the best. Both the pose and the paint job are excellent. Sadly, my Space Hulk Termies are still unpainted.

Problem With the Salamander Termie. His skin is supposed to be black w/ red eyes!

Small detail I know, but just saying LOOKS EPIC THO!

-J

This may be obvious to everyone else but where did you get the Term sized DW shoulderpad?

chrismata said:

This may be obvious to everyone else but where did you get the Term sized DW shoulderpad?

Well, there's the Deathwatch conversion kit available on the Games Workshop , but that doesn't seem to have them that I can find.

-=Brother Praetus=-

no it doesnt. I ordered that a while back and they are all power armor sized pads.

those terms look good.

The shoulder pads are from the plastic Terminator box set. It only comes with one, so I ordered a bunch from a bitz website. I can't remember which one.

Jkilla,

I didn't know about the red eyes on the salamanders. Thanks. As for the black skin, he is black(dark skinned) or do you mean that salamanders have black skin like the color, not the ethnic term.

apocabitznow has some.

I ordered 5. I figure thats enough. :)

OniNoTed said:

The shoulder pads are from the plastic Terminator box set. It only comes with one, so I ordered a bunch from a bitz website. I can't remember which one.

Jkilla,

I didn't know about the red eyes on the salamanders. Thanks. As for the black skin, he is black(dark skinned) or do you mean that salamanders have black skin like the color, not the ethnic term.

Once upon a time they had dark skin, as in African, but now they're cannonically deep-obsidion-black-skinned, with the glowing red eyes, so that they look proper scary. So yes, lack-of-spectrum black as oppose to ethnicity black.

Xan_Shaw said:

Once upon a time they had dark skin, as in African, but now they're cannonically deep-obsidion-black-skinned, with the glowing red eyes, so that they look proper scary. So yes, lack-of-spectrum black as oppose to ethnicity black.

Xactly what Xan said, Their skin has been charred to a crisp by their skin implant (the proper term eludes me right now) because of the UV radiation from their planet.....or is it the volcanoes.....can't remeber the specifics srry sonrojado.gif

-J

Jkilla41 said:

Xan_Shaw said:

Xactly what Xan said, Their skin has been charred to a crisp by their skin implant (the proper term eludes me right now) because of the UV radiation from their planet.....or is it the volcanoes.....can't remeber the specifics srry sonrojado.gif

-J

Radiation.

Thx for tha save Arkidda!

-J

Very cool! The conversion work looks top notch and the paint schemes so far are as well. JKilla41 beat me to the Salamander comment, though I would like to add that I think they way you painted the face looks great, and I would hate for you to lose the work just to make him canonically correct... Ultimately it should be your call.

I'm curious, I think I can pick out all the home chapters except the guy with the chainfist - do yo know where he is going to be from? I wold love to see more posts/pics as you progress and/or when you finish!

For those looking for bitz, especially the Deathwatch Terminator shoulders (among other parts), I found them readily available at:

http://www.thewarstore.com/battlewagonbits.html

Price wasn't cheap, but cheaper than a $25 sprue! And you can get any and every piece you might need.

Did you hear something?

DID YOU HEAR SOMETHING?

I haven't made much progress. Work and Family take a lot of your time. Who knew.

I've added paint to most of them, but the white scar is almost done. I have started on the Xenos scum. I am using the dipping technique, so I hope to knock them out pretty fast.

@ Direach: I use Warstore. Neal is great. I've ordered alot of stuff there and never had a complaint.

@RaiPaladin: The Chainfist termie may end up being a crimson fist or an Imperial fist. I haven't decided yet. I have a couple more to make, so if you have any suggestions, I'm open.

Thanks everyone for the Astartes history lesson and the nice comments.

Great work. Those models inspire me to run a Terminator based game.

And for the record, I dig the Salamander just as he is. The jet black skin concept was ridiculous when they introduced it. Give me some John Henry looking Salamanders swinging their Thunder Hammers any day!