Release of Core Set

By willco, in CoC General Discussion

I'd like to set up a place where people can check in the forums for any updates on the release date for the much-anticipated Core Set!

So far, we know that it will be January of 2009.

Also, what's the little Cthulhu statue for? Is that the 'plastic mold' that caused the delay of the game?

willco said:

Also, what's the little Cthulhu statue for? Is that the 'plastic mold' that caused the delay of the game?

I think it is the cause of the delay; And I think it is used as a drain counter for domains.

With the x-mas rush of buying heating up, it would have been nice to be able to include this on the wishlist. I'm sure FFG would have loved the sales it would have made as well. If the plastic figure was the only thing stopping the release, perhaps they could have issued that separately. Keep the receipt and pick it up at games stores or from the FFG website? Maybe it is too much trouble but I assumed companies always want the new product ready for the holidays not right after the season ends.

Great minds think alike. Thats what most other companies do if the run into a minor problem like this.