Deck Boxes

By Farin2, in Fantasy Flight Supply

Ok i hope im not the only one that wants FFG deck boxes! The sleeves are amazing and it would be great to have deck boxes to match, not just art sleeves but the colors as well....anyone else think so?

Farin said:

Ok i hope im not the only one that wants FFG deck boxes! The sleeves are amazing and it would be great to have deck boxes to match, not just art sleeves but the colors as well....anyone else think so?

I also hope so ::nodding:: Sleeves have a superior (unmatched, IMHO) quality, and if FFG is able to create deck boxes of the same quality, they will be a hit. A good idea could also be producing small deck boxes to hold small cards. There are games - Twilight Imperium, for example - coming with tons of small card, and it would be nice to have a proper deck to hold them!

I agree. It would be nice to have some long in boxes that could be used to draw cards from when playing. My Runebound market deck can barely stand by itself now...

It would be great to have card boxes for the smaller card sizes (i.e. the mini american cards). As far as I know, no other company makes fitting boxes and it would make organizing WFRP 3rd a whole lot easier. For cards, I don't like zip-bags so much.

P.S.: If anybody know of a supplier, who makes smaller card boxes, please let me know.

Mad PL, How much are those....those would be awesome for Runewars and WoW

You can't buy them in any online shop. It's hand made with plexi glass. Info on PM

5.jpg

8.jpg

questions or comments:

[email protected]

Very nice, though a bit pricey and bulky compared to the ones I make for myself. Still, they are good opportunity for those who are not craft oriented or inclined. They appear to be very nicely made, though lack full storage convenience. The trick with the bit of board over the top of store rack should help with that.

Something in the form of a single deck box, with or without fitted shell lid (see second image) would be more to my liking as a fully commercial product. And more commercially viable. Particularly with thinner walls and built for one deck at a time (the top one holds upto 100 card with shelves and dividers. More cards if without sleeves/divders. I have slightly longer ones for the talisman adventure deck that hold upto 150 cards with sleeves. A commercial product like one of these (indiffering lengths/sizes), and especially blank and ready for decorating, would be the best for both play and storage.

Purchase_4.jpg Box_Shell_process_RB.jpg

[deleted accidental double post]

JC, awesome work on those deck boxes. For those inclined to duplicate your work, I was wondering if you could share

1) What is that black-cardboard material, and where is a good place to purchase it?

2) How do you get the sides of your box to stay together at the joining corners and seams?

Thanks!

Those boxes look greate!

Hey FFG,

You already make the...all of it. The games, the books, the dice, the dice bags, the tokens, the cards, the card sleeves...why not the card boxes [it would be nice to see career sleeves (and boxes)]. I have invested a lot in WFRP and would invest more if you made the boxes for it. I think it would be great if they were of sizes that allowed us to put them in the core, toolkit, and vault boxes for WFRP but that is just me.

Think of how pretty it would be and how proud Slannesh would...oh, um...nothing.

I would be all over these boxes if there were designs for Arkham Horror and Descent. OR if they made a custom print on demand box insert for the standard FFG box based on the games to place inside the box.

skinslip said:

I would be all over these boxes if there were designs for Arkham Horror and Descent. OR if they made a custom print on demand box insert for the standard FFG box based on the games to place inside the box.

Good call on that. Those were the first 2 games I own that I would think of for card boxes. Right now I use a tackle box with interchangable plastic seperator tubs that have dividers in them. It works pretty well, but something that follows the game theme would be cool.

On a sidenote, I know that Steve Jackson Games have made "boxes of holding" for their Munchkin cards. They're pretty cheap material, but it would be easy to do something similar that fits your FFG games.

I do not wish to burst anyone's bubble - especially since I am all for custom boxes/storage containers - but the likelihood of this happening is slim to none.

As a company that wishes to make money, and keep its customers happy I do not think they will ever do something like this because FFG likes to make expansions for its games.

Lets look at Arkham Horror as a prime example. For those of you who own this game and some or all of its expansions you know as well as I do that the game is a nightmare to store and keep organized without having to use all the expansion boxes, let alone transportation of the game. I don't know how I did it but I managed to get everything (except minis) into a large FFG game box (Descent) with all cards sleeved. I have zero room for more expansions.

With that being said, lets say that FFG decides to give us a custom box to hold everything for the game of Arkham Horror and all of its many expansions. That will be a fairly large container. Lets also say that they give room for an extra expansion, or maybe two. That box will be huge! Not to mention the weight. But okay, its done. Some time passes and 3-4 expansions have been released since the box. Now, you no longer have room to store your complete game and have perhaps wasted the money on that fancy container.

On the flip side of things. If they do make a special box/container with no room for expansions then they are more or less saying that there will be no further development for that game. Which means no more profit.

The best idea for FFG is to make three special cases for their board games. A small, medium and a large. And let the players decide what they want to do.

I'm with everyone else who want a mini-card Deck Box; I need something to hold all my mini-BSG cards.

Well, deck boxes have now been released. Is this what everyone had in mind? I honestly think they look kind of hokey. I can see the utility of it, but if I was going to take the game somewhere to play, I'd just take my whole collection. I suppose it would be different for PvP games. The idea to include the tokens is brilliant, but again, it just doesn't look appealing to me.

Looking at your favorite games, I understand, though if you don't sleeve your cards, maybe you could fit two LotR decks and an encounter deck? I don't know. How big is a sleeved card compared to an unsleeved card? 100 sleeved cards should mean quite a few more unsleeved ones, I'd hope. I don't sleeve anything, so I like to put multiple decks in these kinds of boxes.

I really like both the token container and the glass front. Of course, their PvP games use giant boards (WH:I), giant statues (CoC) or both (GoT multiplayer), so I don't know how much I'll use this for any of the LCGs, but it would be great for CCGs.

Not sure how useful it'll be for board game decks. I'd have prefered small tuck boxes for unsleeved decks for games like Cosmic.

Great idea. I'll see if I can make it work somehow for something.

Awesome! Those are a great idea, I will definitely buy some. Still don't see the point of sleeving cards, though gran_risa.gif

Sounds like a Steve Jackson product: cheap and costly.

Adam said:

Looking at your favorite games, I understand, though if you don't sleeve your cards, maybe you could fit two LotR decks and an encounter deck? I don't know. How big is a sleeved card compared to an unsleeved card? 100 sleeved cards should mean quite a few more unsleeved ones, I'd hope. I don't sleeve anything, so I like to put multiple decks in these kinds of boxes.

Adam,

if I remember correctly, there was a guy over the Arkham forums who measured the difference between sleeved and unsleeved deck. Maybe the sleeved one was 30% bigger, or something like that