Digit Dice Tokens

By JCHendee, in Runebound

39.png Rather than try to re-explain and do a long post, I invite you to drop by Fantastic Diversions to learn more about them. They're designed to be used in whatever game you wish as needed, including Runebound.

Cool idea. Do you have any examples of situations where these dice could be rolled for stuff? Or are they exclusively intended to be set on given faces and used as counters? If it's only the latter, I have to be honest, I think that 2d10s serve just as well and they can go as high as 100 if need be, without any arts and crafts on my part.

But maybe I just feel that way since I have boatloads of d10s from my days of White Wolf. =P

Steve-O said:

Do you have any examples of situations where these dice could be rolled for stuff?

Hmm... I'm can't think of any off hand. Considering the numbers on the dice, I don't think the combinations would be very useful.... unfortunately.

Steve-O said:

If it's only the latter, I have to be honest, I think that 2d10s serve just as well and they can go as high as 100 if need be, without any arts and crafts on my part.

Absolutely true! But my aim has always been toward components that anyone can make based on what's commonly available. The local Walmart or drugstore only carries D6s.

Hard core gamers (especially with RPG background) are familiar with variant dice; everyday board gamers aren't (seriously). I did look at the D10s as an option for our games and liked it, but getting at least 2 for everyone was looking too costly... especially in a couple of games where two attributes might be tracked with them. And honestly, how many resources in games could we think of that need to go above 30 most of the time?

Okay, I saw a game with the Highlands in Talisman where the Leprechaun got utterly ridiculous. But that's all that comes to mind for now.

It was also just more fun to make something... and share it.

Best, JC

JCHendee said:

Absolutely true! But my aim has always been toward components that anyone can make based on what's commonly available. The local Walmart or drugstore only carries D6s.
Fair enough. I do indeed come from a hardcore gaming background, myself.
They do look really pretty, for whatever that's worth.

Stupid forum software, now the post explosions are causing chain reactions!

Sorry Steve... my fault for that corrupted post of mine. Wasn't playing enough attention when I broke up quotes from your post.