No Customizable Avi/Sig =/

By Sol Badguy, in UFS General Discussion

I think that alot of the avatars of the new site are awesome(as well as show us new card art and names of cards XD) but I really woud like to have images in our sigs and stuff =(

I'm really okay with a restricted list of Avatars, and no images in sigs.

Well you are probably the only one =/

I don't mind the avatar thing so much as the sig though =/

I was getting used to my team phail sig. oh well

Ya I liked having sigs and such but, I'm also glad because now I won't have to scroll through half a page to read the next persons post. and the Avatars are super sweet so that's pretty much covered.

Roxas_Lawliet said:

Ya I liked having sigs and such but, I'm also glad because now I won't have to scroll through half a page to read the next persons post. and the Avatars are super sweet so that's pretty much covered.

Yeah as I said I don't mind the avatars so much as I do the sigs =(
I mean they could put a limit on the sigs size or something if the space it was taking up is such a problem...

Aye. I too miss being able to upload avis. Sigs though.....it depends on how big it is really

Yeah I have to agree I miss then both.

I can no longer show my Love for Domo-Kun but alas, I glad i got to change my net handle, getting kind of tired of the Light_ryu thing

idk. im okay with the no pic in sig thing. but i did like the custom avatars. and even as it is. if ur gonna force us to choose from your list give at least 1 per character. none of my favs from any game are there (Ken, K'/Iori, Kazuki/Haohmaru, Xianghua)

We'll get more characters and icons as times go by. It takes a bit of time to get all of them. I'm sure we'll start a thread soon enough of "OMGZ MAKE THIS CHARACTER PLZ" soon enough.

Tons more will be added as we go along, getting this site up and running has been a major effort for everyone and involved many late nights to get done on time.

See you in the arena,

Steve

Link said:

idk. im okay with the no pic in sig thing. but i did like the custom avatars. and even as it is. if ur gonna force us to choose from your list give at least 1 per character. none of my favs from any game are there (Ken, K'/Iori, Kazuki/Haohmaru, Xianghua)

At least they had Dhalsim! Miss the Ice Climbers though....

Just a note regarding size limit for signatures.

Software for forums will allow you to put a character limit for sigs. That's about all that it will let you do usually.

So unless you prevent html/BBS Code (Which they've done), there's no way to limit sigs outside of messaging people/editing their profiles and requesting them to correct. Either of which is really time consuming.

Now I have to think of something to do with my sig... I'm fine being faceless in the avatar region, but I'm gonna miss my Landmaster epic phail. =(

On the other hand, having a lite word processor instead of raw tags is pretty nice.

Antigoth said:

So unless you prevent html/BBS Code (Which they've done), there's no way to limit sigs outside of messaging people/editing their profiles and requesting them to correct. Either of which is really time consuming.

Not only that, but character limits can be "cheated" by TinyURL (as I've done on the old forums, and now on here).

i think that my urls don't work

Quebec UFS forms works, the FFG one links back to the forums, and the first one fails.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get my sig to link back to my trade thread. It seems to be failing even though I've entered in the URL of the thread, and the URL that links to that thread.

i saw that few users have links like you but i fail **** hard on that one

I never really put much in my sig, but I miss my Prinny Avatar... Prinny Dood!!

My sig works well, but the size's wonky.

Captain Ren said:

i saw that few users have links like you but i fail **** hard on that one

Type in the spiffy title that you want.

Highlight the text.

Click on the earth with the little piece of something below it.

A new window will pop up. Drop the URL in there.

If you need to edit it later on, simply right click on the link and update it.

Hope that helps.

I was pretty disappointed in the complete lack of Cervantes AND Lord Raptor avatars. And how many frickin' Morrigan avatars were there!?

Don't get me wrong, I like looking at her. She's just not me. And while this Yi Shan guy sure looks like an armed pirate, he's not me either. Undead pirates and rockstars? Those are me. I specifically want the Lord Raptor pic from Instant Success.

Also, am I the only one without a widescreen, high-resolution monitor? I don't have the best eyes in the world, so I keep my res set to 800x600. Result? This new site looks like crap. Text runs out of its box all over the place, I can't see an entire text box at once, and it's generally hard to navigate.

Initial impressions? Old site was many times better.

ALSO: I seriously miss Ender Dragon's Prinny avatar as well. Dood! Not cool!

I am pretty sure that I read that More avatars will be coming, possably even custom ones.

jadrax said:

I am pretty sure that I read that More avatars will be coming, possably even custom ones.

Custom ones haven't been announced, but IIRC Steve came on to say that moar stuff was being added.