Shock Mauls

By Tarvos, in Deathwatch House Rules

Hello, A quick ballance question.

My group wanted to include the signiture weapon of the Adeptus Arbites into the game (me too), since my newest senario will include a ruined Arbites fortress I think I need to flesh out this weapon.

On the lowest power setting

1d10+3 fatigue damage

On the medium setting

1d10+5 fatigue damage

On the high setting

1d10+7 fatigue damage

taking into account armor bonus and toughness bonuses, then anything left over instead of wounds is made into fatigue damage. As per the rules for fatigue points, once the target reaches its toughness bonus in fatigue points the target is knocked out for d5(10?) rounds.

how does this sound?

I also want to include impact damage since... you know, astartes swing rather hard but I want to see the reaction to fatigue first.

The Shock maul is already included in the Inquisitor's handbook. I don't have the exact stats, but they are essentially what you listed, but they have the Shocking quality.

It's also featured in the Rogue Trader Core book

I'm fairly certain the already existing shock mauls don't deal out fatigue on the order of d10s. I would say stick with what is in the printed materials already. Remember, a space marines unnat str will add in on the damage of a shock maul, so there is that right there. The increased damage means its far more likely for shock to kick in and take effect.

Thank you, I only have the Deathwatch Rule book and it has been awile since I have seen the others. I shall check those books for the stats.

Leaving it as fatigue damage would more or less enable you to 1-shot anything with fatigue. Not very balanced.

Power Maul from RT is what you're looking for. Two settings, high and low. 1d10+5 E 4 pen, power field, shocking on high. 1d10+1 E 2 pen, shocking on low.

In Ascension you have the Arbites Power Maul, this weapon has two modes (low power) — 1d10 Impact pen 0 "Shocking" or (high power) 1d10+5 Impact, pen 5,"Power Field" , in my Ascension games I have added "Concussive" ( from Deathwatch) to High power mode and works very fine.