Would you be interested in...

By shawakta, in Deathwatch House Rules

...an excel spreadsheet that auto calculates the damage done from your character, including righteous fury damage? I am in the process of finishing up an excel spreadsheet that does just that. I have used it in a few games with a lot of success as well as time saved rolling for Heavy Bolter rounds.

Currently, the user inputs are:

• Drop down menu for the weapon
  • Drop down menu for the Rate of Fire
  • Firer Ballistic Skill
  • Actual d100 roll to hit
  • Targets Toughness and Armor rating
  • Any bonuses given to the shot (i.e. BS bonuses and damage bonuses)

I have a separate sheet to determine the damages from the player party, as well as for the baddies. The foes sheet includes melee as well as ranged attacks for both individual enemies as well as hordes, calculating extra attacks as well as bonus d10 damage on magnitude.

I think after this version is done i will call it good and start on v2.0 which I want to include an ammo selector for. I would also like to create a drop down menu for Righteous Fury selection. With as much debate on this alone, I think it warrants the inclusion to change the basic rules for it. Though that may take a bit more time than I envision.

Please let me know if this is something you as a player would be interested in, or as a GM, like myself, as a GREAT time saver.

Make it a multi layered excell file, including sheet, talent break down and experience tracker

I actually would really like to do that, but if I were to provide a breakdown of all of the available skills/talents, wouldn't that be a copyright infringement? I know for my own personal use, I would be okay with it, but not sure about distributing it to others. I do like your idea, and may make the only editable information on the front be a Character sheet copy of the official one.

If what you have is in Excel 07 could you put up a link to it sometime soon.

I can make one on my own but I am REALLY curious as to how you format the one you made currently.

Has anyone downloaded this yet? Any comments, criticism, concerns or questions on it?

I've been playing around with it and I think its a good start! I will make some mods and and clean it up a bit as long as you don't mind. I think it could really speed up game play!

By all means! Please feel free to modify it in any way you deem necessary. I would really like to see any changes you make to it, it may help me. And as for speeding up the game, it is great! The Heavy Bolter is done in under a minute as opposed to 10 minutes LOL