Philadelphia, North DE, and South Jersey

By lars16, in 7. AGoT Metagame Discussions

We have a motley crew form all three regions that meet at Bweeten Books in Claymont DE on most Wednesday nights.

We have players with LCG format, Legacy Format, old standard, and old classic so come one come all.

But don't come this Wednesday night(11/26/2008) because we are taking off for the Thanksgiving holiday.

~Instead,go to the Tournament on Black Friday (11/28/2008) in NYC.

In grumpy old man voice: Bah. You and your whipper-snappers.

Just wanted to post that we ARE starting the league on wednesday so anyone who wants to can come down.

All are welcome.

Update: due to an illness, we will be postposning the league by one week. sorry for any inconvience.

Hey Lars,

Me and a buddy just got started into playing the LCG, we're not to far from between books but I wanted to know if you guys have any games going on any other times throughout the week? Wednesday is a bad day in the week since both of us are involved in 40k at that time over at Alternate Universes

hey evilsponge, glad your insterested in the game.

I don't think we can switch the regualr night around right now as it works too well for our Night Watch and his custody schedule for his daughter. However, we can get the meta e-mail list going to see what day/dates would be good to have a special get together and get you guys involved. I'll send you a friend request so we can send PMs on the boards or you can e-mail me at larsqkbg [at] yahoo [dot] com.

Also, we generally have the monthly hedge tournaments (the ones that FFG gives prize support for 1st and 2nd, house pins) on the second Wednesday of each month if you guys could be pulled away from 40K for one wednesday a month. These tournaments are often in LCG format and if we know you guys are coming we would be much more inclined to make sure of the LCG format.

EDIT: almost forgot! there is a large play group that meets at between books on saturdays (usually around 10 or 11) and while a large chunk of the wednesday night crew is not there, there are still some guys who play AGoT if you want to drop by and ask around. The store owner is Greg (he of the grey beard) or if you ask for Fitch they should be able to tell you if anyone is there who can/wants to play thrones. They have mostly classic decks, but there is a Core Set in the store (again ask greg about it as i think he keeps it in the back) that we have left to be aviable for anyone to use, so you could get some people to use the core set for a 4 player game or to use against you guys.

Due to some schedule changes, we've changed the night we might from Wednesdays to Tuesdays. We can't stay as late, but try to get there early.

Do you guys still play on Tuesday nights?

yes indeed. and the owner has been kind enough to change his schedule around a bit and we stay past 8 as well.

feel free to send me a friend message if you want or need more info.

Hey all. Just moved to Wilmington about a month ago and stopped by Between Books the other day to pick up the Core Set. I'll see you all on Tuesday!

Hi tempest.

Glad to see you are interested in the game, just wanted to give a quick heads up that i am not 100% sure if we are meeting tonight. I know I can't make it, and I know there was talk of a few others maybe not making it.

I asked one of the other guys to confirm the status of the meet up tonight, so hopefully before to late in the day you will have a better idea of what is going on.

I am like 95% for next week so either way I look forward to meeting you then.

Hey Tempest, I can officially say that we are not meeting tonight at Between Books. Sorry for the short notice - I only got confirmation yesterday afternoon, and didn't find out about your post until this morning. I'm fairly certain we will be there next week, though. My e-mail is skeletonator (at) gmail, if you want to get in touch.

Good thing I decided to check the boards before I left! Thanks for the heads up. See you all next week.

Do you guys still get together at Between Books I live about 40 minutes away.

Hey all, just checking in to see if anyone is still getting together for Jousts or Melees? I have a group of 3 in the South Jersey/Philly area and we're looking for some new faces to match up against!