Do the CCG cards really work with the LCG?

By player1340173, in Call of Cthulhu LCG

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the CCG cards work along with the new LCG format. Is this true? Does anyone use the old CCG cards with the LCG? Are there rules differences between the CCG and LCG? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

The rules are basically identical and the old cards still work, though some will say they are more powerful they arn't really. My club plays the old cards alongside the new and we've never had a problem.

Same here - my group uses old and new. THere are some pretty nasty old ones (we've banned Fetch Sticks even in the friendly environment), but no obvious advantage to the CCG players.

I think the only rule difference is that in the CCG days four copies of every card were allowed.

Apart from that the only difference is the power level. E.g. the CCG had a lot more cards that allowed you to put high-cost cards into play early in the game.

TheProfessor said:

Same here - my group uses old and new. THere are some pretty nasty old ones (we've banned Fetch Sticks even in the friendly environment), but no obvious advantage to the CCG players.

Even with Fetch Sticks, there are plenty ways around them or even to destroy them so we've not found them an issue.

The_Big_Show said:

The rules are basically identical and the old cards still work, though some will say they are more powerful they arn't really. My club plays the old cards alongside the new and we've never had a problem.

You mean 'aside from Marko always winning, we've never had a problem' lengua.gif

Cuacuani said:

The_Big_Show said:

You mean 'aside from Marko always winning, we've never had a problem' lengua.gif

To be fair that only usually happens when he plays Nodens.