Any good House Rules out there?

By Hanomag, in Dust Tactics

I was wondering if anyone used House Rules to improve their game any? If so, what works and what doesn't?

For example I like BigDogg's idea of using Smoke to provide light cover to mechs instead of shooting. I suppose the troops could have smoke grenades as well?

I was thinking of trying out 2 things:

1. Passing your turns in to go defensive/ambush and getting to shoot first next combat round.

2. Suppressing/Covering Fire- A less accurate shooting turn in order to remove one round from the targets turn. I.E. move OR shoot, not both and no sustained movement or sustained fire.

I would be interesting if the Table-Top rules are more advanced instead of being a port of the board game rules.

im really hopeing for a good set of table top rules, isnt there or wasnt there a pdf floating around on the internets?

Well I think there are 2 ways to look at this

1. Use the dust rules but modify them (what i assume FFG have in mind in the long run) - they are fairly similar to AT-43? If this sytem could be used to modify the game into a tabletop game i'll be happy - my copys going to turn up i the next couple of days - ive already finished 1 terrain piece for it, and certainly wont be playing on the cards (no offence FFG!). I have some AT43 figs im modifying for use with this anyhow

2. Use the dust minis with another AEWW2 system - the only problem i can see so far is that squads are 5 man strong, the alternate system ive seen usees 10man squads -

Guess its a few tester games nad take it from there

to my mind the sooner FFG get on this the better - it will certainly increas e the games appeal.

I think like operation Damocles for AT43 this set is to get you use to the basics, to introduce you to the world of dust

With the new expansions ect youll see more enhanced rules leading to large scale table top rules and possibly army books.

I got the Dust source book the other day from Dustgames.com and there are alot of units in there not even seen or mentioned yet including special characters and units like special forces divers ect.

This game has so much scope not forgetting the Alien race it will be to big to contain to just a board.

My thoughts anyway :)