end of game

By Fingolfin80, in Age of Conan

I was wondering what's your opinion about the final part of the game.

In my experience, the most of times a player succeeds in crowning Conan as king, and the third age is gone in a couple of turns. In about ten games only two times we completed the age.

The fact is that if someone decides to try the incoronation and plays well the last turn of the second age and the change of the age, it's quite impossible to block him.

In the last game we had, I decided to crown Conan, so in the last bet of the second age I used the 0 token to take back all my previously used tokens. Then in the change of age I spent a significant amount of money in cards, making sure that I cound bet the maximum in the first bet for Conan, and one less in the second one. Basically I was sure I could control Conan for two consecutive adventures. There was nothing others could try to prevent me from making Conan the king of my realm.

I think that the "short" ending should be more rare, and surely more difficult to achieve. What do you think? There is a wey to prevent someone who wants to crown Conan?

It has also been my experience that most of our games end with someone attempting to crown Conan, using the very same tactic of drawing strategy cards and holding onto that 6 bid token.

The games that managed to go through all the adventures with no player attempting to crown Conan was because players were bidding high not too get Conan to their own kingdom, but preventing other players from doing the same.

My group has no problem with the game ending due to a crowning attempt and see it as one potential path to victory.