Scenario ten victory?! !!!!! ::Head explodes::

By Avi_dreader, in Arkham Horror League

How did I do it you might ask? Well ;') it was pure skill. Or maybe it was drawing Blood Magic on the first turn in a game where I had Leo Anderson and having it stay around for eight turns ;'D why yes, I did run out of clue tokens.

I would've won fairly easily, but a gate burst came out at a very inopportune time, and I had horrible weapons so I had to waste some time trying ot manuver around monsters. Fortunately Leo started with Erich Weiss and a map, I bought him a Dark cloak, so I was able to give him +3 to evade (*very* helpful this game). Rita was the game saver, no, they all were really, one more doom token and I would've died (Marie saved me from that). Rita with the map was able to save at least two turns this game (making seven movements between gates)— exactly seven movements. Rita got the exhaust to evade skill (also, extremely helpful). She walked around with max fight and an axe :') fitting for Azathoth's mania ;'D Leo had a carbine. Marie had a rack, errr, wrack (sorry, couldn't help it).

I managed to keep it so that only one rift opened... Marie drew a find gate (also a game saver this time). I eventually got her captain of the white ship and finished off the game with her with 13 doom tokens. Although in reality I probably should've done it with 12 doom tokens (I wasn't sure about how CotWS works with Find Gate.

The White Ship:

"Movement: If you are in Arkham or an Other World, you may move to the first area of any Other World instead of your normal movement."

Find Gate:

"Movement: Cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World."

What does instead of your normal movement mean? Does it mean instead of having a movement phase? That doesn't seem to be how it's worded. Anyways... I think you can use find gate and The White Ship to go in and out of gates for closing or sealing without having any encounters (but I did do it with one encounter per time I used this combo— even though I think you can skip it entirely).

::Laughter:: I can't believe I pulled this game off... The odds of drawing Blood Magic are... Well... Not very good with all four decks, and even worse that it would stay in play for so long (I was taking alot of chances with it too, because I was afraid it was going to leave play. I did most of my work with it in the first four turns, and risked (60/40 odds) being devoured twice (while giving all cash and items to another character). Of course... Leo did help reduce the risk a little bit ;'D

Nijay, if you are listening, good luck, you're going to need it.

Now, remind me again, because I'm not entirely sure, but didn't someone in another thread specifically mention that you never know what a crappy team can do? Who was that again? Hmmm, let's see, oh, that's right, it was ME lengua.gif partido_risa.gif !

I think you should get down on your knees and worship me for jinxing your game in a good way gui%C3%B1o.gif !

"What does instead of your normal movement mean?"

During the movement phase you are allowed to take one of two "movement actions" depending upon where you are. If you take the "Arkham Movement" action, you get movement points and you can wander around town and read books. If you take the "Otherworld Movement" action, you go from the first area to the second or the second area back to Arkham.

When you are delayed you get to stand your character marker up during the movement phase instead of taking either of those two actions. Any other thing you do "instead of" your movement is likewise done instead of taking one of those two actions. So yes, if you are Captain of the White Ship, you still get a movement phase. You can still trade and you still have to fight monsters. And you can still cast spells like Call Friend or Find Gate.

-Frank

We just won took use 3 trys...

only reason was because of Bain and Azathoth was 2 away from waking up.

players

Winthrop ~stopped one gate and sealed the last FTW.

Lambeau ~her blood helped.

Stanley ~one point 10 clues!

Hayes ~worked nicely because she hand 2 skills to cycle though.

Morgan ~didn't use his ability once.

Robinson ~lucky the Dreamlands was the first Gate...later in the game got "press pass" so 4 clues total for other world travel, plus got Citizen First Class.

Last Mythos card was Cursed Relics...close one sorpresa.gif

Score 25!!!

MrsGamura said:

Robinson ~lucky the Dreamlands was the first Gate...later in the game got "press pass" so 4 clues total for other world travel, plus got Citizen First Class.

You do realise that it doesn't matter which gates are open for Luke because the Gate Box allows him to return through any gate, don't you?

Other than that, well done. I've yet to do it (I stopped after Scenario 6 and haven't continued yet)

Edit: Sorry, I just realized Gate Box is removed in Scenario ten. My bad, just ignore me.