New Expansions Planned?

By jtarno, in Kingsburg

Picked up Kingsburg and the 2009 expansion. Fantastic game and the best gateway game on the market hands down! Out of all the games i own this one is played the most and enjoyed the most by new players. I am suprised the concept has not been built on by other games, throwing the mechanics in a space theme or some other genra.

I am wondering if there are any plans for future box expansions. I can see a lot more potential adding building tiles / monster cards alone.

Tarno said:

Picked up Kingsburg and the 2009 expansion. Fantastic game and the best gateway game on the market hands down! Out of all the games i own this one is played the most and enjoyed the most by new players. I am suprised the concept has not been built on by other games, throwing the mechanics in a space theme or some other genra.

I am wondering if there are any plans for future box expansions. I can see a lot more potential adding building tiles / monster cards alone.

I was just looking here and on BGG to see if there was any news of a new expansion. I haven't found anything. But as to your other remark, there is a space-themed game that had inspiration from Kingsburg. Alien Frontiers is a game where you roll dice and place them at different space ports depending on what you rolled that you then get resources, weapons, etc. in return for. It is mostly sold out, but they are hoping for another print run of it early next year.

Supposedly, the iPhone app of the game will come out with new, unpublished scenarios.

Would like to see the expansion for the iphone game first. I really miss the soldier tokens. It also doesn't follow the boardgame rules exaclty. The advisors that don't give a choice of goods give you their stuff as soon as you put the dice down on them.