Alternate Feat Decks

By Antistone, in Descent Home Brews

My group has become somewhat frustrated that several of the feat cards from Tomb of Ice seem to do almost nothing, or have a sizable probability of randomly having no effect, while others (or, sometimes, the same ones) can completely counteract overlord cards worth multiple treachery and dozens of threat or otherwise destroy far-reaching plans. That seems excessively swingy.

So, I've created my own homebrew decks of feat cards, designed to make them more consistent in power, less luck-dependent, and generate a greater variety of effects. Some of them are definitely still stronger than others, and some can still be pretty amazing under the right conditions, but the variation should be smaller.

They're designed for use in The Enduring Evil , because that's what we play, but apart from a few references to new abilities introduced in EE, I don't think there's any reason you couldn't use them in vanilla if you wanted to.

There's a total of 75 feats (25 for each deck), with no duplicates. ( Tomb of Ice has 26 unique feats and 57 total cards.)

You can download them here: http://www.mindflare.com/enduringevil/

Comments welcome.