Cooperative?

By Petru5, in Android

I can't tell from the information available (unless I missed it), so does anyone know if this game is cooperative or competitive? I could see the merits of either.

I'm guessing competitive... The murder almost seems to be a "background" element, as opposed to a game system to fight, a la Arkham Horror...

It looks like there is some text concerning VPs on the gameboard. That sort of leads away from being cooperative. I'm thinking it may be somewhat cooperative with the players belonging to different factions, each hoping to lead their faction to victory. Very intriguing either way!

I do agree with sicher, it doesn't seem to be cooperative. I think each player will be a different faction, trying to influence different characters and trying to understand what the other factions are planning

Maybe there will be cooperative part in wich players must investigate the murder (i gues that there will be number of different murders like GOOs in arkham) and secondary part, that will be for each character different (for example every player will draw his secret secondary goal from some card pile). Anyway, it looks really good...

I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to design the game for 2-players if it was fully co-operative. I suspect it will be competitive since it requires at least 3. (Please do not ask me to explain my logic as there is none.)

I am a huge fan of co-op games, my feeling is this wont be co-op out of the box. But i am sure with a little work it could be.

I have been wating for a game with this flavour for ages. gran_risa.gif

I believe it is not co-operative, as every investigator represents another "faction". For example Haas-Bioroid wouldn't work with Jinteki. However, as the investigators are individuals, maybe they don't beleive in their faction?

bfkiller said:

I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to design the game for 2-players if it was fully co-operative. I suspect it will be competitive since it requires at least 3. (Please do not ask me to explain my logic as there is none.)

Actually, I believe I can help out. Taking Galactica as a foundation, a game that must have at least 3 players screams open-coop-hidden-counter. Three players ensures that you do not automatically know who of the other players is the cylon/traitor/android? and thus makes for good paranoia.

Android is a strategic competitive game for 3 to 5 players. Android doesn't particularly have any cooperative elements to it. Its innovation lies in other areas.

There are plenty of co-op games by FFG, i think it is good to have some comp games there.

KevinW said:

Android is a strategic competitive game for 3 to 5 players. Android doesn't particularly have any cooperative elements to it. Its innovation lies in other areas.

Like? *Special Agent Gibbs StareĀ©*

/So, yeah, my detective work is not quite the subtle one

I'm actually glad it isn't co-op. FFG just released a cooperative game that looks to be better than the average one in Battlestar Galactica. Two co-ops on top of each other wouldn't be a good idea, as all those customers who like Co-ops, but aren't crazy about them (like me), wouldn't be interested in the second one.

I do agree with Joram, I like coops, but I like to have different mechanics even more. I look forward to discover the "innovation" kevin promised us

I'm torn on this. I prefer Arkham's pure co-op...but I'm intrigued. I'll certainly withhold judgement till I've read the rules and played a few games.