Going to play Android for the first time in a 2 player game- any suggestions for which detectives we should use?

By SuperKalelJorson7, in Android

We've had the game for awhile now and want to try it. Doesn't look like a third player will be available, so we're going with 2.

Any suggestions for which detectives we should use, or anything else?

Probably not Raymond...he's very powerful and fairly tricky to use, and he becomes even stronger with fewer players (since in this case only one of his memory cards would be in play).

I've always considered Louis the most accessible for new players, but his talent with dark cards might make the game pretty miserable for his opponent, especially if it's Floyd or Caprice. Rachel would be all right in that regard, but Louis would probably mop the floor with her for other reasons.

Maybe it'd be easier to just do Floyd v. Caprice. Android showdown!

Thanks, subochre

From reading all of the hint sheets that's I was kind of leaning towards Floyd, with Rachel of Caprice. I'm thinking your suggestion would be the best.

I haven't tried the game with just two players. But I think subochre's suggestion of Floyd and Caprice sounds like a good one. Rachel can probably off one suspect by herself, which would be pretty strong in a two player game.

When I play only 2-players, and Raymond is in play, we deal the other player 2 memory cards instead of just one, for game balance.