Extraction-Mixed up numbers and upping the Hormagaunt Magnitude?

By Tidomann, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

I'm looking at the extraction mission and I'm noticing that the descriptions for areas 9 and 7 seem to be reversed. The primary refinery unit claims to have a passageway via the transport pool sheds. This refers to 8: Gatehouse/Transport Station. But it seems to be on the opposite side of the map. Thus I think central control is supposed to be 7, and the Primary Refinery Unit is supposed to be 9.

Also- has anyone noticed that most situations often call for very low numbers of hormagaunts? While Shrikes and warriors pose some kind of threat to the space marines, it just seems that anything less than 20 hormagaunts is just brushed aside. Shouldn't there be some kind of danger when engaging Hormagaunts?

Tidomann said:

Shouldn't there be some kind of danger when engaging Hormagaunts?

There is always the danger of running out of ammo on lesser threats when something big, nasty, and mean is just around the corner.

ItsUncertainWho said:

There is always the danger of running out of ammo on lesser threats when something big, nasty, and mean is just around the corner.

This really only affect devestators. Don't all marines count as though they have sufficient ammo for basic bolters? I was thinking of setting a clip limit- but I haven't settled on a number. How do you run your games with it?

Tidomann said:

This really only affect devestators. Don't all marines count as though they have sufficient ammo for basic bolters? I was thinking of setting a clip limit- but I haven't settled on a number. How do you run your games with it?

I don't fall into the Sufficient = Unlimited category.

The following is all an arbitrary volumetric carrying capacity mess that floats around in my head.

Standard issue, in my game, before anyone buys anything.

All weapons come loaded with full clips of standard rounds plus
Apoth, Lib, Tech : 6 clips for their boltgun, 2 clips for pistol
Tac: 6 clips for their boltgun, 2 clips for pistol, 1 specialty ammo clip(freebee for bolt pistol or boltgun players choice)
Assault: 8 clips for pistol
Dev: Backpack ammo + 2 clips, 2 clips for pistol

My limit on carrying is no more than 12 clips total of basic ammo, no more than 2 clips total of Pistol ammo, no more than 3 clips total for Heavy ammo. Assault may carry up to 16 clips total for their bolt pistol.

No marine can carry more than 3 additional grenades beyond the 3 frag and 3 krak grenades he is issued. To carry more than 9 grenades you must swap them at a rate of 2 basic clips for 1additional grenade, 4 pistol clips for 1 grenade or 1 heavy clip for 4 grenades.

As far as equipment carrying restrictions:
1 Heavy or Basic weapon
1 Pistol
1 Close Combat Weapon (CCW/standard issue combat knife doesn't count)
or
1 Basic
2 Pistols
1 CCW
or
2 Pistols
2 CCW
or
1 Basic
2 CCW

Thankyou for posting the rules you use for ammo. Looking it over it seem pretty solid and I might adapt that to my current campaign.

Thankyou once again :)