Turning Mini stats into rpg stats

By Eriedm, in Deathwatch House Rules

As I recall from the old Black Industries forums there was a method to turn critters from the Codex books into stats for the rpg. Does anyone out there know what this equation is?

I've noticed a while ago how DH/RT mobs have stats ranges close to 2nd Ed TT then anything else and as such I just multiply those by 10.

That's basically what it was. WHFRP had some rules for converting the TT to roleplay, and that was basically it.

it seems as though you can probably just take the mini stat double it. WS 4 becomes WS 44, BS 5 becomes BS 55, S3 becomes S33, T3 becomes T 33. Initiative would turn into the agility modifier. leadership is like the sum of PER and WP (you make the call how they get divided up). if you check out the eldar from Creature Anathema (DH), I think that's basically what they did.

so you could take a fictitious mini statline:

WS 5 BS 3 S4 T4 I4 Ld 10

and turn it into a deathwatch monster stat line:

WS 55 BS 33 S 44 T 44 Ag 40 Per 57 WP 33

you'd have to come up with all the skills, talents, and whatnot by yourself...but that seems like it'd be pretty fun! you could also take a few points here swap 'em somewhere else so it isn't so regular 55 44 44 33, etc.

The ideas listed are good for basic stats but also remember that TT stats are over simplified and the RPG rules give you a whole spectrum of options to create the creature as described with a far greater level of detail.

I'm running a primarily Tyranid campaign and have already created stats for Raveners, Mawlocs, a Carnifax and even a Bio-Titan!

If anyone has stat ideas but aren't sure I would be happy to help test and balance :)