Okay, I give up.

By sagitar, in Wings of War

Been trying to get them miniatures out of the box.

Allready have been trying the push from below trick, but they won't budge.
I've allready manage to do harm to the plastic mold bit, with my actions, but the planes still stay firmly attached. I fear someone overdid the carefull packing bit. These planes only seem to wan to come out with help of a crowbar.

I'm now considering simply taking a sharp knive and cutting them out. Anything better than damaging the miniatures. I don't want to use more brute force as I've already heard some very discomforting cracking noises (please let it be the plastic box)

preocupado.gif

No doubt I'm being to carefull, but I wonder if anybody else has experienced the same problem. I wonder how they ever managed to get them planes in there.

I'll have another try next year, that would be tomorrow...

Hi There

I have found the trick is to incert a flat object behind each wing root. (such as a knife). At this position of the packaging there is a dimple holding in the model into the packaging.

Hope this helps

I used my pinky to get down and push the white plastic bubble holding the wing back into the packaging. Once they are out, I push those **** little bubbles in and the planes slip in and out easily as I am keeping the boxes for them.

Know what you mean. I popped off the landing gear on one of my first planes. But, having a bottle of the Model Master - Liquid Cement for Plastic Model, a few small dabs got it back in flight.

I second using a knife to invert the dimples that hold the planes in place, and then inverting them. It is great having ready made boxes for your planes. Moving your minies to games is always a headache, those boxes are just one more reason to love this game.

The fokker triplane was the one that made me work the hardest. Man that plastic liner didn't want to let the plane go.

II, too, have found that a small pen knife or screwdriver blade can be used to push all those dimples out of the way. They drop right out afterwards!

I then put the planes in a Plano case. I am working on a better storage solution. One of those pluck foam Army Transports seems to be the best bet, but at $65 I want to be sure...

You'll be pleased to know I finally managed to get them out.

In one piece and without the use of knives or stuf (as I that didn't work for me either, them nubs wouldn't budge.)

Apparently, as the designer informed me, the trick is to push under the wingtips. I must admit it took more force than I was comfortable with, but apparently these little planes are stronger than they look.

And no, I won't stick them back in the box, with all the trouble I had getting them out, a quick game would be out of the question.

Thank you all for your advise.

p.s.

does anyone else have trouble with this site when trying to read previous contributions? I get an error message and haven't a clue asto where to report this.

ritterton said:

Know what you mean. I popped off the landing gear on one of my first planes. But, having a bottle of the Model Master - Liquid Cement for Plastic Model, a few small dabs got it back in flight.

Yeah, but what happens to that poor pilot the first rough landing he has to make?

His undercarriage will come... UNGLUED!!! sorpresa.gif

HEHHEEHEHEH. Kinda like the airplane's owner did when he did it to the plane! :-)

Congratulations on unpacking your minis. I had the same problem, and took an x-acto blade to the plastic liner, which meant I had to come up with another way to store the little blighters. Cross-reference to my post today (2-15-09) on storage.