Death can Wait optional rule question

By air show, in DungeonQuest

Hi guys, me and my friends played this optional rule yesterday evening during a game, and I had 2 questions: how does the wound recovery work? and how many times can each player die? For example, Br. Gherrin has 13 LP, and he loses 9 LP during the first 10 rounds. THEN he find a trap, and the trap does 6 wound. Gherrin dies, but with the DCW rule he can discard half of the total wounds he suffered...so it means that he suffer only 3 wounds (6 / 2) or it means that he recover half of ALL the wounds he suffers from the beginning (9+6 / 2= 7 wounds)?

for ex, the first situation allows him to survive but with only 1 LP remaining, whereas the second gives him 6 remaining LP.

I don't think this is correct, but I can't figure it out this time...any ideas?

And more, how many times can you do this? our group decided to allow only once, then killed players will become servants of kallandra.

cheers!

After an answer on BGG, I found it out this way: Ithink the correct way is discard half of total wounds, not wounds that a hero suffers sufficient to die. Note that rules say total wounds and round up, so in the first example 9+6=15/2=7,5 => rounded up => 8 (discards 8).

here some examples:
consider 13 LP total:

case 1) 9 old wounds, 6 new wounds total: 15 wounds (death)
15/2 = 7,5 round up 8 SO 8 wound to discard: 15-8= 7 wounds remaining SO 6 remaining LP.

case 2) 11 old wounds, 3 new wounds total: 14 wounds (death)
14/2 = 7 SO 7 wound to discard: 14-7= 7 wounds remaining SO 6 remaining LP.

case 3) 11 old wounds, 2 new wounds total: 13 wounds (death)
13/2 = 6.5 round up 7 SO 7 wound to discard: 13-7= 6 wounds remaining SO 7 remaining LP.

case 4) 11 old wounds, 6 new wounds total: 17 wounds (death)
17/2 = 8.5 round up 9 SO 9 wound to discard: 17-9= 8 wounds remaining SO 5 remaining LP.

it seems that more wounds you die by, the less LP you have when restart, and I agree with this.
I think that you can do it only once, at this point.

But I think that it doesn't work with swinging blade or bottomless pit.