Endure card (an answer from designers will be highly approciated)

By fearfree, in Middle-earth Quest

If i remind right (don't have a card at the moment), cards states "If your opponent is defeated this round, shuffle your combat stack and rest pool into your life pool".

The question is, then the shuffle must accure. Before "f" step of the round - meaning before taking damage, or after taking damage? If follow the rules, then special abbilities are to be resolved before "f" step which allows us to shuffle cards and use newly created life pool for taking damage.

But, to resolve special ability, we need opponent to be defeated this round, and teoreticly we are not sure if he is defeated until the "f" step of a round.

An answer from designers will be highly approciated.

Not a designer, but seems simple enough resolution. You can look at the special ability on the card as triggering during Step E, creating the effect that resolves possible later in Step F, should the enemy be defeated. The shuffling itself would happen in Step F, before you move on to 4A (discard cards).

no other answers? no GM attention? :(

It seems that FFG have more important things to do rather than answering on forum ...

For me it is pretty clear that you cant shuffle decks before you take damage, cards efect is continuous for entire round no matter the special abilities are resolved too early, the ability is resolved and so you can shuffle decks if you defeat opponent this round. Damage is dealt simultaneously, so after you take and deal damage you check if opponent is defeated and if so, you can shuffle your rest pool and CS into life pool. I think the wording is pretty precise in this case.

Just imagine what would happen if you prematurely resolve the effect earlier ... your card would be shuffled into life pool, but when calculating dmg, your card is not in CS anymore, leaving you with 0 att and 0 def ... no killing ... I always say, use your common sense to figure out whats the right thing to do in situations like this ...

Thank you for response.