Short Range Telepathy - Two way?

By Radomo, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

The wording of the power implies it is one way only, but it never allows or disallows the getting of a response. Any thoughts?

Oh, and I've yet to receive a response on any of the questions I've sent to FFG, so I'm including this here as a backup.

Radomo said:

The wording of the power implies it is one way only, but it never allows or disallows the getting of a response. Any thoughts?

Oh, and I've yet to receive a response on any of the questions I've sent to FFG, so I'm including this here as a backup.

Don't worry, I'm waiting for a reply to some of my own questions too.

To the issue: it's only one way. A recipient with telepathy can reply though.

Alex

I still don't understand why anyone would pick Short Range Telepathy when Long Range does exactly the same but at a much longer range. Am I missing something? Does Short Range TP give any benefits that Long Range doesn't?

I'm thinking of making Short Range Telepathy a pre-requisite to purchasing Long Range Telepathy otherwise why even list it in the book? Even the cost isn't that much of a deterrent (500 xp for Short vs. 750 xp for Long). Perhaps make Short Range Two-way and Long Range only one-way?

What do you think? Is it fine as it is?

Space Monkey said:

I still don't understand why anyone would pick Short Range Telepathy when Long Range does exactly the same but at a much longer range. Am I missing something? Does Short Range TP give any benefits that Long Range doesn't?

I'm thinking of making Short Range Telepathy a pre-requisite to purchasing Long Range Telepathy otherwise why even list it in the book? Even the cost isn't that much of a deterrent (500 xp for Short vs. 750 xp for Long). Perhaps make Short Range Two-way and Long Range only one-way?

What do you think? Is it fine as it is?

When reading the powers for the first time I've assumed that SRTP is a prerequisite for LRTP. Doesn't make sense any other way TBH.

In Rogue Trader the Telepathy discipline already give a power quite similar to short range telepathy. As short range telepathy can be sustained, I assumed that it open a canal between the psyker and the target, allowing the target to answer. As, I allowed this in Rogue Trader, I allowed it also in Deathwatch.