Attn: Moderators! What about including a current story leaflet with each chapter pack?

By Four Eyed Warrior, in 1. AGoT General Discussion

I love AGoT as a newbie, but I'm always interested to know the real story behind the cards. Whats really happening chapter by chapter? I know the artists display the plot through artwork, but it would be ever so engrossing to pull a leaflet out of a new pack and really understand the stats on each card. Reading the books might help I'm sure, but this is different. I mean, I would buy chapter packs just to find out what happens next!

its an interesting idea but there are 3 problems

1) i'm pretty sure Martin would have to at least sign off on the inserts (if notwrite them himself) and he is a real stickilier for his world

2) which part of the story do you want told? cards in the cps are from all the books, at different times in the books, and can represent a character that under goes big time changes before or after those changes. thats a lot of possibiliities to fit into an insert.

3) spoilers.

Yeah I don't think there's much chance of that. I actually really like the fact that they are so careful about not giving away too much about the plot of the books to people who haven't read them yet. The books are absolutely fantastic and I've found that people who get into the card game do end up reading the books. And they are happy that the suspense isn't affected too much by having seen events and characters referenced on the cards.

Read the books. You'll get a whole lot more enjoyment out of it than reading a little insert in a chapter pack. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Doesn't the theme description promotional paragraph on the back of the CP box essentially do this?

I was introduced to the game by a friend, and subsequently started reading the books. Just began a Feast of Crows last night.

As other posters have noted, FFG is good at drawing on the theme without spoiling the exact plots. For example, I'd heard reference in the game to a "Red Wedding", but had no idea what that referred to until it came up in the books.