Adding Krootox in Shadow of Madness (GM Kit Campaign)

By Tidomann, in Deathwatch House Rules

I was thinking of adding some other enemies to spice up the horde action- making it so they aren't just fighting hordes of kroot most of the time. This way there would be a phew special creatures within the horde, or another horde of kroot hounds.

This is what I've come up with for the Krootox

Krootox.jpg

Remember that Bestial Creatures always pass survival tests in their natural environments. I'm not entirely sure, but is there already a Kroot hound profile made?

Tidomann said:

I was thinking of adding some other enemies to spice up the horde action- making it so they aren't just fighting hordes of kroot most of the time. This way there would be a phew special creatures within the horde, or another horde of kroot hounds.

This is what I've come up with for the Krootox

Krootox.jpg

Remember that Bestial Creatures always pass survival tests in their natural environments. I'm not entirely sure, but is there already a Kroot hound profile made?

I'd give it Unnatural Strength (x3), personally - a Strength Bonus of 10 is easily achievable by any ordinary Kroot, so the massive Krootoxen should be significantly stronger. I might be inclined to make it Enormous instead of Hulking - they are, afterall, similar in size to Tyranid Warriors, who are Enormous creatures, and maybe give them 45 wounds instead of 30.

As for Kroot Hounds... I wrote these ages ago and never used them for anything:

Kroot Hounds
For all the potential diversity of the Kroot, they must be watchful of what they consume, for a new strength gained may come with a new weakness or an unforeseen inclination that leads successive generations down a dangerous path and making it difficult for them to undo the damage done. Such Kroot become stuck in one form or another, locked in a particular state and unable to change further. These other krootforms are usually hunted down and slain as unchanging abominations and in memory of those lost to the pitfalls of evolution, but some are permitted to endure and are used by the Kroot in a variety of ways, from the Knarlocs and Krootoxen that serve as beasts of burden, to the Kroot Hounds that aid their kin when hunting or waging war.

Kroot Hounds are often encountered in considerable numbers alongside other Kroot, where they can be restrained or unleashed as their handler’s desire, sniffing out and running down prey in a manner similar to the way many human cultures use tamed predators – often canids – to aid them when hunting. In the wild, Kroot Hounds are savage, relentless hunters, and would be apex predators in their own right were it not for the presence of the Kroot themselves.

WS BS S T Ag Int Per WP Fel
48 0 36(6) 42(4) 51(10) 11(1) 48(8) 28(2) 9(0)

Movement: 10/20/30/60 Wounds: 14

Skills: Awareness (Per) +10, Climb (S), Concealment (Ag) +20, Dodge (Ag) +10, Intimidate (S), Silent Move (Ag) +20, Tracking (Int) +20, Survival (Int) +20

Talents: Berserk Charge, Frenzy, Furious Assault, Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight, Smell), Leap Up, Lightning Reflexes, Resistance (Fear), Sprint, Talented (Tracking).

Traits: Bestial, Improved Natural Weapons (Razor-sharp Beak), Quadruped, Unnatural Agility (x2), Unnatural Perception (x2), Unnatural Strength (x2)

Weapons: Razor-sharp Beak (1d10+6 R)

Good Ideas. I updated the Krootox card, and made one for your Kroot Hound.

Updated Krootox:

Krootoxv2-1.jpg

Kroot Hounds

KrootHound.png

Look at both of them in MOTX