Scenario nine loss...

By Avi_dreader, in Arkham Horror League

Bleh... I thought I could handle this scenario fairly easily (and I might have been able to with my previous team— don't get me wrong, I still think it'd be a cakewalk for the larger teams). First turn, a gate opens in Dunwich. Second turn, a rumor starts. Third turn, a second gate opens in Dunwich ;') oh, and btw, did I mention that by the third turn two maniacs jumped into a vortex (one of the place two monster cards popped up on turn two). Yeah... Happily I was able to keep the Dunwich Horror from waking up, unfortunately, I wasn't able to keep the terror down, and riots broke out soon after... After that it was basically game over even though I was on to gates four and five (I decided to look at what was coming up in the next few turns, since none of my investigators had any more clue tokens, and I didn't want to waste another hour just to be eaten by Cthulhu). Death was in the cards so I forfieted. Bleh... The team is missing. Assumed dead...

However, the new team is excited to try out their luck vs the giant-sea-monster-alien-god-thing. Jenny, Bob, and Wendy. Sure, they'll be pretty useless vs. Azathoth, buuuut, I think they can take out Cthulhu :') I still have a few characters who've survived who I think can give Azathoth a handy spanking :') Maybe. Time for a rematch! Yaaaarrrr!

I thought it was going to be a knock out... I started off with two Elder Parchments (the egyptian items, I dont' remember the exact name) and Wendy's Elder sign... Then I drew a KiY and an old journal on the first turn... The first blight to come out was the one who makes you need to spend one extra clue token to seal... Okay... Annoying. But fine... I could still deal with that... Two rifts opened almost immediately... They added six doom tokens this game :' and I drew a double doom token addition... Fortunately, I had taken off three doom tokens with Elder stuff. I was going to win on the next turn, but then a gate burst reopened the woods... Blarg... I managed to eke out a win, barely. Used find gate with Wendy... Managed to get it cast after using a clue token for a fourth die... Got out of Kadath... Rolled Three dice to close... Failed... Used a Lucky Cigarette Case ;') got it. ::Exhales:: Oh... I had to retire Bob (I started getting desperate) and it's very fortunate I did ;') because I got luke with find gate and an elder sign... I was able to seal with him the turn he came into play. And I was able to pass off the find gate to Wendy for the final gate seal... Talk about a narrow victory. Eek.... I'm still tense from it. I checked the upcoming mythos cards... On the next turn a rift would've brought Cthulhu to 13... Yaaaaaaar. :')